Northern VA/DC/MD caravan to Carlisle

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show Northern VA/DC/MD caravan to Carlisle

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Everyone,

For the last couple of years I have been meeting a group of drivers up to Carlisle from NV and catching people along the way on Thursday as we head north. I usually meet Syl in Falls church and than meet more people for lunch just north of DC for lunch and than make our way to Carlisle for an afternoon arrival.
    Anyone interested in joining the group please let me know. 
    Roy – you and Jack come up from the south – might be on your way. 
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

Thanks for the thought Schu, but we are going first to just west of Philly. Then the next day head over to Carlisle. See you there.

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Schu,  What route are you taking to head West?  If you are on my way, I would love to join up with you all.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Roy
    It looks like you have a plan – see you there.
    Sabreur- I can post the route soon but mostly just come through DC and up 495 to the 270 spit and then meet for lunch. Where do you live? Maybe meet at the lunch location?

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Schu, I just realized that I’m too far north to meet up with you all.  I’ll see you there.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Vicenc, if you’re running out Thursday, you’re welcome to run with me. I’m west of you and generally pick up the turnpike at Denver. (Reading, Route 222 exit). I usually leave mid morning

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

If to far north hang with Bill – he is good company as well. Looking forward to meeting you.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Planning on leaving mid-morning also.

I head south to Rt 22 near Bethlehem and head west to pick up I-78

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I usually drive up 83 & it takes me less than 2 hours. Wish I had a more local person to be wingman.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

But Ed, none of us would be able to keep up with you this year!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Hey Schu,

Two years ago I took I-95 to Richmond and then went West on I-64 to I-81 at Staunton then straight to Carlisle…
    So this year, I may as well try to see how well my little red car tows behind my Little Red Pickup through the Metropolitan DC area…..
    I’m in if we can figure out times and distances and traffic so I can meet up with you without having you wait on me to clear DC traffic.    
    Wobby —  I’ll be 1 for Dinner Friday — thanks for the hospitality!!
    Jack
    Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Bill, I think we can figure something out and maybe meet up where you pick up the turnpike.  When you get your plans firmed up, let me know, and let’s see if we can work it out.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Jack
    Sure – meet me at my house – just off 95 and follow me up to Falls Church and then up north we go to lunch and beyond. The other option is to leave your daily driver at my place and drive up with me in your TD.
    Will give you time to meet Thursday morning.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Jack

PM sent
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.