Ok, I'll broach the touchy subject!

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Manufacturer Comparison Ok, I'll broach the touchy subject!

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I’m 6’2″, 215 pounds. I fit in my VW based Duchess just fine.

On VW pans, the critical piece is the location of the pedal cluster. It is moved during the build process and can make or break drivability for folks of varying stature.

PMOSSBERG2013-08-06 21:05:23

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Gabor Kesseru
    Participant

@gkesseru

The seat on Fiberfab and CMC is mounted on top of a fiberglass box that is about 6 inches tall. In the MG TD, the seat is one inch off the floor. That would explain some of the head clearance problems in these cars. In my car, I used mustang seat bottoms that have the sliders mounted directly to the floor. No problem with head clearance or windshield top post being in the way. Also, to make room for the third pedal, I narrowed the transmission hump by about 3 inches on each side. Before I did that, a pair of shoes would barely fit in the footwell.

Jeff
    Participant

@jeffthornton

gkesseru!!

That is EXACTLY what I would have had to do. You know exactly what my problems were! Those are the top 3 of my negatives of the Fiber Fab that I sat in. I was also interested in the FiberFab that had been listed in the classified section and was expecting to make those mods.

I see the ad is gone. Anyone know where or who it went to? I hope the registry is maintained!

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.