our store

Home Forums General Discussion our store

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Thank, Paul.  You’ll be oplease with her work.  She has a professional heavy duty machine that produces professional quality work.  I think her prices are very reasonable.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

How ’bout we go denim, short sleeve in natural or khaki? Real subtle with just the TD Replica logo on the left breast pocket (if there be a pocket), or a little Izod ‘gator sized MG TD icon? Tasteful. Subtle. Grownup.

Then we rout the Speedster team in a rousing match of Auto Polo!!!

BTW, Paul, I noticed they’re plotting a special Spooner Group Photo Op over at the Speedster site. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Too funny Ed.

There are a few of the SOG guys that have the Spooner Speedster shirt. He’s the only one to ever put out a Porsche Hawaiian shirt.

But trust me, MOST of the shirts you see at their dinner are not Spooners

PMOSSBERG2012-02-29 23:25:01

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I know, Paul. Couldn’t resist the photo-op thread.

So are we TD guys going with a single design? I like the look of those denim shirts.

The TD embroidery is almost 4 inches across for the small one. Seems like that could work on a pocket, maybe with the your kit brand–“Duchess;” “London Roadster,” “BCW Model 52,” “MiGi,” etc. under it.

Then maybe get “TDReplica.com” across the shoulder on the back.

I like the yellow too. Nice & light for summer. Go long or short sleeve.

Or am I getting way too gay here?

edsnova2012-03-01 08:14:44

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Ed, I like tha denim.  If we are going to try and get a group discount, we should probably all have the same embroidered TD on the front and only vary the words/names etc?  I really don’t see the need for the manufacturer on the shirt since they all look so similar and “divided we fall”.  So how about the TD on the pocket, our name just over it.  And TD replicar or unmatched fun per dollar or some take on that on the back.  So all the shirts would be the same with the exception of color and personalized first name of the owner.  What say you?

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

I don’t think a yellow shirt is gay.  Yellow just does not look good on me due to my skin tone.  One other shirt I went with is a white polo with the red MB logo.  No text.

If this groups decides on a singe shirt, color and maybe wording, I think I’ll add my order for another one.
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Thanks for doing the research and prep work MGLondonRoadster!

I may order from her. But if I do, I’ll pay her normal retail price in order to get my preferred shirt selection & color and my own car’s colors.

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Omg. I know I,be been out of service for a while. And I apologize but where did the fashion police come from. Add me in on club shirts. Edge mix me a cocktail. Paul up and ed on the playground could be fun.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Yeah, even tho I’m part of it…the fashion talk IS pretty funny!

Of course, let’s not forget what a fashion maven Sir Wobby is!!!!

Paul Mossberg

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

If that’s GOOD coffee, I don’t care what he’s wearing.  Just pour me a cup, too.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I concur with Royal’s plan– denim shirt with small embroidered TD on the pocket, color up to owner, first name under it, and across the back, “TDReplica: unmatched fun-per-dollar” Ready to order soon as we get final consensus.

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

My embroidered MGs are above the pocket, as is the London Roadster lettering.  I don’t know if she can offer on-the-pocket work, what with a backing required for embroidery.  I like the image up higher than it would be on a pocket.

Sheri’s Internet has been down for a while.  She sent me a message from her phone letting me know that she would be in touch when it’s back up.
    newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

I like the TD image above the pocket as well. The name can go under the pocket (or the TD image if you don’t have a pocket). Love the idea for the back of the shirt. I’d order a couple. newkitman2012-03-02 09:17:19

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Royal
    Participant

@royal

MGLR can you post a picture of your embroidery please?  I prefer the above the pocket TD also. 

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

For a picture of the MG that Sheri does, see the eBay link on page 1 of this thread. I had her do some of my shirts in red and some in a cream or pale yellow. She can do just about any color car or lettering you desire.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Just fired off this inquiry to Sheri:

‘I’d like the small MGTD (Q1035) on the left breast of a short sleeve denim shirt, size medium, in “natural.”

“Ed” under the TD.

Across the shoulders in back:

“TDReplica: unmatched fun-per-dollar”

–and yes there’ll be a few more of these, but getting the guys who want them to commit is a bit like trying to transport frogs in a wheelbarrow. So price it per piece, one-off, please.’

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

I could take a picture of the embroidery and wording under it, but my camera takes very high resolution shots and I’m unfamiliar with how to down-size them to be able to post on here.  I might be able to do it in the camera, but I’ll have to play with it for a while.

I’m thinking of a little variation on Ed’s proposition.

I’d like to have my name above the image, with the brand listed below the image, and the slogan on the back with two lines.  The first would be “TD Replica: Unmatched fun”,  and the second line “TDReplica.com”

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

I think it’d be great if everyone going to Carlisle had a TD shirt. It would show great unity with the folks in TDReplica.com.

Allen Caron

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

I just email Shari about ordering mine.  Natural denim short sleeve similar to Ed’s.  Still working on the Carisle trip plans????  at least I’ll have the shirt if we make it.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Ordered my shirt this morning.  Had to get red because Sheri said that my white MG wouldn’t show up against the natural color shirt.  ?? Oh well!  We’ll be dressed for Carlisle.

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

You guys are going to make me want at least one more shirt, most likely two. My cream colored LR won’t show up well on a natural either so I’ll get a red shirt for that one and a natural colored shirt for my red Mr August 2012. I wish that I could make the show this year, but it won’t be on my map for some time.

I’m toying with and pricing out having a second line on the back to help promote our club to read “TDReplica.com”, and on the Front, maybe my first name above the car image and the brand below. I don’t think it is divisive, but informative.   The yello smiley face probably won’t work for the size requested. The text would have to be huge.

Sheri asks if we want Satin thread or slightly more expensive full thread?

Thoughts?MGLondonRoadste2012-03-05 19:13:25

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Full or Satin??  What’s the difference?  Got me – and my wife doesn’t know either.  How ’bout we go with Sheri’s recommendation?  (She didn’t ask me that this morning.)

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

I had to get the red shirt too.  White car red trim.  I tried to get the natural with white car and red border she couldn’t do that. 

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Okay…going to order two shirts. Is it better to order on line or call her with the order?

Allen Caron

Royal
    Participant

@royal

If you go through the ordering process on line, she will contact you via email and give you an estimate and clarify anything that she may have questions on.  It’s what I did, – rather painless and easy. 

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.