Pagoda Hillclimb 2019

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show Pagoda Hillclimb 2019

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Carlisle this year was a shakedown run for the TDr8.  The heat issue was identified and plans are currently underway to install real louvers in the side panels to extract the heat.

Moving on to the Pagoda Hillclimb.

Pulled the safety cage out and washed it.

I had ordered permanent numbers for the car, so they were finally installed.

The running boards were then removed, the cage was rolled into the garage and hoisted to the garage ceiling.

Then we drive under it…

Lower the cage and bolt it into place.

Then we changed into running shoes, packed up all the required gear, met the kid and other drivers, and we headed to registration and tech.

We passed tech and put the car down for the night.

The Great Ed Ericson arrived and Saturday morning after breakfast we went back to the mountain.

Got the car down to the pits and got settled in.

Staging for my turn to start.

On my first run I had a heater hose connection come apart and I lost one exhaust clamp. Rearranging clamps was no biggie and I had a spare hose clamp. What I didn’t have was water. I refilled the cooling system with bottled water bought at the food truck on site.$$

The second run was a bit better. 8 seconds quicker.

Due to delays with timing issues, these two runs were all I got on Saturday. I did manage to make the Sunday morning paper.

Sunday morning I forgot my video cameras so my second run was all you get. Saturday, first run, was 111 seconds. Second run was 103. Sunday, I managed to whittle away at the clock and ended under 100 with a 99.5. Quite pleased with the time, but I must admit that at that speed that little car is scary.

Here are some other photos from the weekend.

The styrofoam barriers worked well.

And, my son, David snapped a front sway bar and almost lost it going into Turn 7. I have a video but cannot get it to post here. It’s pretty impressive.

The heat issue got me to remove the hood Sunday afternoon. This helped quite a bit. Can’t wait until Kowalski gets aroung to punching those louvers.

Anyway, I survived the weekend and actually drove it home. Looking forward to Duryea Hillclimb in August. That adds an additional mile to the course as it snakes along the ridge.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I finally managed to get Run 1 off of the camera. (cheap Chinese GoPro knockoff)

I don’t care for the camera location but it doesn’t shake or squeak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31tqH2SzAG4

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Stellar! Friends, You can see me in that first video at 1:30.

The weather this year could not be beat. But the timing system… Lots of guys wanted to beat the guys that set that up, I was told.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.