Ride to Remember

Home Forums General Discussion Ride to Remember

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Well the time is here to try and march in Mossberg shoes. Tomorrow is the Vermont Ride to Remember, Its the poker run that honors our fallen soldiers across the state. There are 28 heros from 28 different cities or towns. there will be 680 miles covered in 12 hours if you do all. Ally and I are trying to visit 24 sites and go about 500 miles. We’ll start at 5am and finish around 4 if my routing program is correct

I feel a sense of trepidation becuase short of being pulled by her brother george all the way to Carlisle this will be her longest single day run. (she didn’t take well to being pulled to carlisle let’s see how she handles this pressure.)

Worst case I’ve got a race trailer on stand by waiting to enact emergency rescue procedures, we’ve spent the last 2 nights practicing. Looking forward to sharing the results.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Good luck, Richard. Hope the weather is fair and the fuel system clean!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Awesome!

That’s a lot of seat time for one day.

Can’t wait to hear and see all about it.

And…I can’t believe I’m a freakin’ role model. LOL!

PMOSSBERG40340.4594097222

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Awesome Richard,

Post some pics if you can, maybe some videos of the drive to YouTube.

Good luck, have fun, we’ll be in the space right behind your seat hanging on…….in spirit at least.

Follow in Pauls’ shoes, but not too close……his ride is on the rack

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Ouch.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Stephen Chuck
    Participant

@scchuck

Awesome ride for a great cause!

Good luck!

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Ally with Rescue one waiting for departure, Yes that is a campaign sign, stuck on Ally’s backside. In our spare time we manage a political campagnian for lt Gov.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Cool Richard – looking forward to hearing about it –

If I was around I would be joining you – good luck

Gene Jenkins
    Participant

@jenkinen

Wow, 11 hours in the saddle. My butt gets sore after about 2. Good luck, I hope you don’t need the truck.

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Good luck on the ride.  Nice trailer, too hope you don’t need it.   We are having custom cushions made for “Audrey” for those longer rides.  About 2 hrs max is all we can take without a extra pillow. 

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Rescue one sat quiutely all day, Ally comes thru, We covered 453 miles in just over 11 hours. left at 4am and returned at 3:30. she ran flawlessly, Rain and all, vissited 24 out of 28 sites and got lost twice, Dirt roads are terrible but the routing software didn’t know they were dirt. only about 10 miles of dirt, two roads that just ended in someones driveway. great time. but seriously 453 miles thats a Mossberg trip. I don’t care what anyone sez.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Yeahhh! Way to go, Richard!

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Richard, When I saw the pictures of Ally in the snow back in the winter as you returned from a morning drive, I was amazed that you would take her out in those conditions ,but this adventure tops that by far. I know you have some great memories and a feeling of doing something worth while as well. Give Ally a good bath and a pat on the dash too,she deserves both.

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Richard,

Outstanding!!!

I have a hard time with 11 hours in a modern car!

Glad to hear she’s behaveing like a lady.

Ringo

Ringo40342.4950462963

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.