running poor

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits running poor

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

well ,no power no miss just no power ConfusedI replaced ,plugs, ign. modual ,,checked timing and belt checked the carb. both sides are opening ..replaced gas filters all 3 Ouchno better . no back fire, start and idle normal . no coolant in the oil , i’m att a loss……I guess next is a compression check.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

No miss eh?  I had this happen to me twice: once a plugged catalytic converter, once was when the choke stuck closed (on).

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

stuck valve, maybe? I’d pull the valve covers and see if all the rockers are where they should be. 

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Dan, do you mean that it won’t rev up when sitting, or that it wont pull on the street?

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Ringo, she will pull but slow and does not like 4th tomorrow i’ll check the cat and my home made exhaust system .  Dan 

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Dan, I forget if you have a Ford or Chevy, but either way I’d check the vacuum hose to the distributor and then play with the timing.  You checked the timing but was that a static check?   I have found that initial timing and the best timing may be a long way apart.  Change the timing, (probably advance it), drive, change, drive, etc.  It sounds like your advance isn’t doing its job.   Is the distributor new or old?  With all you’ve done I just have to bet it’s a timing issue. 

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Thank you , I’ll check it in a few days today was a chemo day OuchNuke Dan

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Dan what about the plug wires?  Do you have an old set you can swap out.

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Well i used static timing to judge how compression was ,today a friend came by with a real one ,,,well  4th cylinder was at 60 lbs. #3at 80 was it the valves? still no miss . we pulled the head and sending it out to be checkedQuestion if the valves are good ,than i guess rings , Dan

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

1) Did this come on suddenly or over time?
    2) Does it smoke?
    3) To repeat Ringo…Does it only do this on the road with a load on it,
        or does it fail to rev just sitting in neutral?
    4) Are you required to run a catalytic convertor?

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

ray10
    Participant

@ray10

Might want to check all vaccum lines first to see if one is loose or cracked ?

TDREPLICA Map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7f9174ad614e43b680deba085b0abf48

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Well I guess I got it finally got it she needed a valve job ,and replaced 1 intake valve seems to be ok now but I broke the temperature sending unite waiting on one , I ordered through ebay.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.