Seat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Leo
    Participant

@ldj1002

My FiberFab Ford has small storage space under seat bottoms. They are hinged with 2 small hinges in the front to raise from the rear. I can’t raise them because they hit the seat back. I have to remove the seat back in order to get to the little storage spaces. I thought about using 1 larger hinge in the front of seat and making the pin in the hinge removable. I could then pull the pin and remove the seat. How do some of your seats work to get to that tiny little storage?

Bill Wells
    Participant

@billwells

I’ve been thinking about going to a junk yard and looking for a pair of bucket seats that would fit. More comfortable but don’t know how it would attach.

Also finding a pair of 3 point seat belts. I think the top might fit on the convertible top bracket just behind the seat.

Regarding the storage problem, there is a lot of empty space behind the bench beside the gas tank. Any ideas as to how build it?

FiberFab FM1674 with Ford 302 V8. Denver CO looking for local club with events.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Mine hit the seat back but because it’s compressible foam I can still open the hatches by plunging mu hand down in ther, grabbing the “lip” of the seat and forcing it up. A little Armor All or similar on the vinyl makes it slide nice.

Leo
    Participant

@ldj1002

I have been thinking and looking and it dawned on me that when sitting in the seat my knees bend way in front of the seat. That made me think I could reposition the seat forward without giving up any of the little precious little room I have. This morning I tried it and it works. Now the seat clears the seat back letting me flip it forward to get to the storage and I can’t tell the difference sitting in it. I suppose builder thought seat back means more room. It doesn’t. Now moving the seat back forward any wouldn’t work

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.