REOLVED: Site offline for 45 minutes in the next two weeks

Home Forums Site Site Input and Issues REOLVED: Site offline for 45 minutes in the next two weeks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

From our hosting provider….

Hi, DreamHoster!

Ubuntu is the operating system that powers a huge chunk of DreamHost. And, like any operating system, it receives regular updates to fix bugs, improve stability, and add features.

Two weeks from today we plan to upgrade your shared server, blout, from Ubuntu version 12.04.5 LTS (also known as Precise Pangolin!) to 14.04.5 LTS (aka Trusty Tahr!)

We expect the upgrade process to take no more than 45 minutes, and we will reach out to you again on the day of your upgrade before we begin.

You may notice that your website will be unreachable for brief periods while we work on your server. Don’t worry — this is normal!

In most cases, you won’t need to do anything to prepare for the upgrade to Trusty Tahr. Just kick back and let us handle the tough stuff!

…(deleted)

Thanks very much for your patience while we work hard to modernize our fleet of servers and bring you the absolute best performance possible!

-The Happy DreamHost Upgrade Robot, Ubuntu Edition

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

So much for advanced notification. I got the email this morning at 4 AM. And the site was updated at six. Let me know if you notice any problems Looks good from my vantage point.

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Looks okay to me!

Thanks Stephen!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Thanks Stephen. So far I have not had any problems with the site. Should it make a difference I’m running an Apple system.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘REOLVED: Site offline for 45 minutes in the next two weeks’ is closed to new replies.