Snow and Cold

Home Forums General Discussion Snow and Cold

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Greg Stickney
    Participant

@stickney

Mel and his bride are leaving soon, back to the cold…. BUT wait! It was 27 here last night, and it’s going to be colder tonight! And this is Florida! We left Michigan to get away from this!

Oh well, stay inside and wait, a week from now it will be back in the 70’s again.

Greg

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

It’s sad that Mel came to Florida and the cold followed him. I wish he could have had more warm weather to enjoy his time with the MG. Perhaps this will make his retirement look even better. It’s cold in NC too, I’m sitting by the fire thinking of spring.

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

I think It’s cold all over the world,, I cut some more wood today,,,, from 8 foot to 16 inch size about a rick , all the time looking in the garage at my TD Just inside the door  just to cold to drive her  well it’s half over ?? DREAM OF WALM SUMMER DAYS…..Dan R

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

It’s that global warming thing!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

So I’m in Dick’s Sporting Goods tonight looking at fishing poles & a guy comes up and ask what I’ll be fishing for. I tell him stripers but it’s looking like they’re not going to let us take them this spring anyway so . . ..

“What are you talking about,” the guy says. “The season is right now! I’m going out tonight with a friend.”

It’s 20 degrees out there, I noted.

“I’ll be bundled up. They’re catching them.”

Dude, I said, you deserve to catch them.

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

Just got back from our farewell dinner with Greg and his Lady.  The month has gone by so fast.

Had a few days of top down weather, then someone opened the freezer doors.

Car is going back into storage for 128 days till I retire and come down to Florida permanently.  Short cold snaps will be tolerable then.

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Hey guys this is Vermont, Put the top up windows in and stay off icy roads. The VW based unites have all that weight in the rear they handle fine. you even get heat while your rolling. The tranny is a little tight first thing but it warms up. The biggest problem is seeing, no defrost. I quote here from “A tale of two MGs”

“Since we had sold our second car to buy the MG, it became my daily driver ? summer and winter and boy were they unfriendly winters. Incidentally, the MGTD is a terrific handling car in the snow and it had a heater.”

Circa 1967

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

Guys,

I totally know what you mean. It got below 65 degrees the other day here. I had to put on a sweater! brrrrrrrrrrr. hahahahaha!

This is when I love Arizona! (I did my fair share of freezing in Buffalo)

I’m taking Stella for a cruise when I get out of work today, maybe for some Ice Cream…….

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Damp 13 degrees in Memphis, snow and ice tonight.

Geoff, I’ll mentally ride along with you, my wee brain isn’t frozen, but I’m not for sure. .

Enjoy the ride, grrrrrrrr

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Geoff, You don’t have to rub it in, most of us are suffering in the cold! Seriously, I’m glad for you,it helps us to remember how good it is when the weather is warm. I’m looking for spring and it can’t get here too soon for me.

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

I’m going to wax up my surfboard and hit the beach…the northwest winds are holding up the curl. Besides, the 35 degree water is 20 degrees warmer than the wind chill temp.

Want to buy a bridge?

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

Mark your selling that Bridge again?? BTW I have a Stadium for sale here in

East Rutherford.. Only 34 yrs old and use ta have a football team Name . Ya

can make it a MGTD NasCar track and sell tickets ..Got ta buy it soon though

cause were going to tear it down.. Oh Oh that’s started already . SORRY to

late..How about a shopping mall with a Snow Dome then…Namely Xanadu

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

GLOBING WALMING THING ???? Who was that guy !!! and where did he come from ???!!! NOT my side of the state ,2 inches of snow and the coldest in 10 years 5 days below freezing how do you do it in N.J.and up north? —-Dan

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

We’re just tougher here in the north! Or perhaps crazy.

I read today the “real feel” temperature (that’s with the wind chill factor) in Bismarck North Dakota on Wednesday was 52 degrees below zero.

NJ will be about a zero with the wind chill this weekend. Heck, that’s down right balmy by comparison!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

Florida is on the 40’s, Mrs Peel has a full gas tank.  Added the Stabil to the gas this morning.

Later this morning she will leave my home to the car hotel where she will live till July.

6AM tomorrow morning The Villages will be in my rear view mirror as we drive north.  Hope to reach Virginia tomorrow night, and back to frozen NY on sunday.

Will have to break out the wool sweaters and down coats.

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Mel, Have a safe trip north. I wish it could have been warmer for your stay in Florida. Good luck wrapping up your work and beginning retirement.Soon you will have all the time you want to play in the sun.

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Surfing was great…for the guys I was watching from my heated truck!

Yes, there are year round surfers at the NJ Shore…my next door neighbor and his 17 year old son surf almost daily…and I don’t mean the internet.

Personally, I’ve been looking (online) at property near Reidsville, NC and also extreme southern Delaware, near Seaford/Laurel/Bethel area. Looks like I’ll be ending my federal career in September 2011 when they close Fort Monmouth. Can’t stay here in NJ on retirement income  

Pink MG40186.5732407407

Greg Stickney
    Participant

@stickney

Well, it finally happened. We had a trace of snow last night. (1.8.10)

Next week they say it will be warm again…. I certainly hope so!

Greg

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

Got back to NY yesterday afternoon, according to my kids it was a balmy 28 degrees.  Glad Greg and my other Florida friends got to taste a little snow.

when we left Florida on Sat. morning it was raining and 32 degrees made for a intersting start to our Northward journey.

Only 122 more days ………….

Mel (freezing in NY)

luvmytd40189.5809259259

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.