TDR has a new home

Home Forums Site Membership TDR has a new home

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Toller
    Participant

@toller

TDR has relocated from Whitefish Ontario to Port Perry Ontario Canada effective Aug 31
    What started as a 1968 Beetle was morphed in 1981 into a FiberFab TDR by a builder somewhere in NY state.  It was exported into Canada in 2003 and was given a 1600 CC transplant.  It went through four owners in Quebec and Northern Ontario it decided it wanted to come south.  The previous owner, a diesel mechanic by trade working on heavy equipment for the mining industry in Sudbury, did a body off restoration in winter of 2013.  It passed its safety check today with just two new rear brake cylinders and some customized 1157 lights for the jury rigged front signal/running lights.  Something that I will be looking to replace when I start the work I want to do.
    As the body is looking tired with scratches and stress cracks and the odd chip I will be taking a DIY course on laying fibre glass and spraying gelcoat to restore the girl to the way she looked at her coming out party in 1981. She is also going to need complete replacement of her seats and interior and I have a piece of black walnut that may end up replacing the mahogany dash.  Apparently the instructions for conversion missed holes in the dash for the emergency light switch and the push button switch for the windscreen washer jets which are hanging below the dash.  Something that will be remedied with the new oil finished walnut dash.
    Look forward to sharing progress of cosmetic restoration and mods to improve performance and will be reading through a lot of the material already posted to this site for recommendations and problem solving solutions
    David B Dixon
    Retired IT guy looking for stuff to do for the next 20 years

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

Seeing that you’re in Southern Canada and I’m in Southern California, and we have very similar paint jobs,

we must be mates.  Picture of my Rosebud below, you twin.
    Welcome aboard, 
    Bill”

Bad Bill

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Welcome …have fun !!!

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Welcome aboard David!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Glad to meet ya. Welcome.

Bill Hartwick
    Participant

@greymind

Welcome, nice pic of ur car. I’m sure u will like it here. This is a great place to come up with new ideas for ur car.

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Welcome to the club!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.