They’re back!

Home Forums General Discussion They’re back!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Hi all,

It’s been a while but I’m back.  To make a long story short, I sold Montse because I could not find a reliable VW mechanic in South Florida and, not being too mechanically inclined, I kept making a hash of things.  I’ve been looking for a replacement, a front engine BCW or Alison and was finally able to find one in California.  So here’s Montse II, a 1986 Chevette based BCW Model 52.  Just got her from the shippers today and she’s safely in the garage.  Raining cats and dogs but when it clears up, I’ll take some better pics to post.  Looking forward to getting back into the breach with y’all again.

Best, V

Montse II

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

Toller
    Participant

@toller

Were they built with the fold down windscreens? Have looked at them on Moss Motors for my Sabine but given not all components are available have had to keep the original buggy style windshield. Don’t know if is the angle of the pic but wheel base appears to be longer than FF MiGi body on chopped VW chassis. Space between steering wheel and back of seat appears to be more generous. You will have to see if you can find a Motometer for the top of the rad cap to add to the authenticity. Certainly looks to be in pristine shape but will reserve final judgement until more pics are posted

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Hi David,

It has the fold down windscreens.  At some point I would like to put a set of Brooklands behind the windscreen.  More pics on the way after I wash and wax this weekend.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL

Toller
    Participant

@toller

Vicenç
    I missed out on a set of Brooklands at a swap meet 2 years ago. A guy had expressed interest in them with owner but had gone to find his wife. I asked about price and was quoted $50 CDN ($40USD), I offered $60 but owner would not sell until guy returned with wife.
    I believe that Moss carries the Brookland wind screens

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Brooklands screens are easy to source but not for $60. Nice score Vicenç.

Dave G
    Participant

@bigwavedave

Nice, Looks like mine British Coach Work 52, MDTD  # 351. 1.6 GM power. all stock, 18,000 miles. How do I post pictures from my computer? thanks Dave in Georgia

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Hey Dave, welcome. To post a photo look to the upper right corner of your screen where it says “howdy, Dave.” Put your cursor on that and you get a drop-down menu. The bottom thing is “Media.” Hover over that and you’ll get another menu. The middle choice is “Photos.”

Click it.

That will bring you to a new page. It says “options” and “upload.”

Click upload. It will open a box with another button that says “Select your files.” If you click that it should allow you to navigate to the pictures on your computer.

The other option is “drop your photos here.” That lets you just drag and drop them from an open folder. Either way will upload them into your album on this site. Deep breath.

To make them appear in a post like this one, you wait for the pic to upload, then click on the thumbnail. That will bring up the full photo.

Use your mouse to right-click on that picture.

That brings up another box. One of the choices there is “copy image address.” Click that.

Now use the back arrow on your browser to go to the post you were writing (in this example, this post.)

On the menu bar at the top of the dialog box is a series of symbols, smiley face first on the left, then a B for Bold face, then 12 more or so on over to a little mountain with a moon over it, second from right. Click that.

It opens a little box. Paste that URL you just got of the picture in that.

et. voila!

So simple even a Ph.D physicist could get it right on about the third attempt.

No, I have no idea why it’s a 73-step process to post a simple snapshot on this site. It just is.

Now let’s see that beauty!

StephenDS
    Participant

@stephends

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I also have a front engine chevette MGTD</p>

StephenDS

Athena
    Participant

@akoehler

My lovely Duchess.

I’m new here and just wanted to try the photo uploading instructions from above,  PhD here I come! 😉

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Hit the edit photo button one more time before you hit paste and you’ll get a full size photo instead of just the thumbnail.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

At the Dania Beach 5th Annual Moonlight Car Show on 11 Sept. 2021.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.