VDO speedo wanted

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas VDO speedo wanted

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Leo
    Participant

@ldj1002

I have a Allison with VDO speedo. The odometer isn’t working. Wondering if anyone has updated their instruments and has a speedo you would sell. The price of a new one is high and not worth it to me just to get odometer.

Toller
    Participant

@toller

I have a 3.25 ” VDO speedometer from a FF TDR that I am restoring. I installed a Speed Hut GPS speedometer so no longer require the VDO gauge. The TDR is built on a 68 VW frame so there is a cable as well. Let me know if you are interested or want to see pics. It was working when the car was put away for the winter last fall

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Check out my thread on repairing that odometer on a VDO.
    Pictures and everything.billnparts2016-03-23 20:24:25

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Leo
    Participant

@ldj1002

Yes interested if it looks like this. It doesn’t have to have the trip miles function. Mine is 3.25″ dia. measured from outside of chrome ring. How much including shipping to 76664? I don’t need to see photo.
    L.D.

sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

Billnparts, can you post a link to your thread? I’ve tried to search for it but all that shows up is your latest post above referring to the VDO repair. Thanks.

Toller
    Participant

@toller

Have never shipped anything from Canada to US but choices I have used from US are via mail or courier. Don’t know if any cross border duty charges would be applicable. As for cost make an offer or we could swap goods for stuff I need from MG Magic

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

Leo
    Participant

@ldj1002

Toller wrote:
    Have never shipped anything from Canada to US but choices I have used from US are via mail or courier. Don’t know if any cross border duty charges would be applicable. As for cost make an offer or we could swap goods for stuff I need from MG Magic

I didn’t pay enough attention to your location. When I saw your location ended with CA I thought California. In my experience shipping between Canada and US is too high.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Don’t know why I can’t post the link, but its easily accessible in the search section…Topic: Odometer

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

Sorry. Tried that as well and the only thing that shows up with your name on it regarding odometer are the current posts. I even did the advanced search and still nothing. I’m not surprised. I’ve never had any luck getting the search on the site to work. Oh well.

Steve Struchen
    Participant

@mustang_evets

https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/odometer/

Try this. I did the search using the “Earlier” option on the date.

mustang_evets2016-03-24 15:55:36

sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

Thanks. Guess I’ll never learn the “tricks” for a successful search. I’m use to typing in a key word or words and getting all posts that contain that word or words.

Sam

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.