Vintage Plate question

Home Forums General Discussion Vintage Plate question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Guests
    Participant

@guests

Hi

I thinking of adding a Moss Vintage plate to the front of my TD.  Question is how is it attached?  Where can I get the parts?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hi,

Not sure how all the manufacturers handled this, but Classic Roadsters Duchess provided a backing plate that hangs between the inner bends of the front bumper spring mounts.

It’s basically a steel tube with a piece of flat steel (about 2 inches by 8 inches welded to it. A threaded rod passes through the tube and through holes in each bumper mount and is secured with acorn nuts on the inside of the bumper mount.

Should be pretty easy to fabricate.

I see some TDs with the front plate attached through the chrome bumper face. I think it looks better handing below the bumper. You can’t see the bracket, but you can see where the plate is mounted on my Duchess in the pmossberg folder.

PMOSSBERG39838.8262847222

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Guests
    Participant

@guests

Paul:

Thanks for the quick response, I like the under the bumper look also.  Hopefully I will find a way to mount it without trying to reinvent the wheel.

Hope do I view the pmossberg folder?

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Up at the top, there are two rows of links. second row, on the right is “Gallery”

Click there. then scroll down to pmossberg

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Guests
    Participant

@guests

thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.