Welting

Home Forums General Discussion Welting

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

My assembly manual says to install welting between the fenders and body and between the fenders and running board front and rear edges. It does NOT mention welting between the running board and the body. Do you folks have welting between the running board and body or is this just peculiar to the Fiberfab kits? newkitman2013-01-04 08:59:59

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Allen, it is between the running board and body on mine.

Rick
    Participant

@rockyx

Allen I have a duchess and there is welting where all parts come together.  Including between the running board and body.

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Allen, mine has welting on all body panels. Black welting is used on mine I have seenGeek body color match, on many   Dan R

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Okay…thanks everyone. I’ll have to re-read what my assembly manual says. I have the original black fender welting that came with the kit but ordered and received two 25-ft rolls of white welting. I should have enough to run along everything. Interesting that the Fiberfab asembly manual and my CMC assembly manual are different. My mannual says to run one continuous welt from one running board all the way across the front and back stopping at the front edge of the other running board. Fiberfab says to run it along the running board to the front edge of the front fenders. newkitman2013-01-04 09:34:06

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Douglas Willis
    Participant

@stg-inc

Allen, If memory serves me correctly… Late 70’s “Fiberfab” models had a separate piece in the front of the grill that connected the two fenders. Our models have the fenders that connect in front of the grill, omitting the need for the extra piece of fiberglass. (I believe that model also had the exposed steering column…)

(glass against glass… very squeaky!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.