Where can I find these?

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Where can I find these?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Participant

@rockyx

Anyone know where I can find replacement vents like these for the windshield defogger?  I looked in all the usual vendor places and googled it for about an hour and came up empty.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Rocky. Those defroster vents look like the ones that can be used with my TD. On my TD the defroster is an option (which I have) but I do not have the ducts. MG Magic sells them for 8.85 each or the defroster kit (hose and vents) for 69.85. newkitman2012-07-27 12:23:52

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Rocky, I have four of them in the cowl of my Duchess. But you can’t have them. Ermm

Allen, are you sure these are the parts MG Magic lists? Their price list shows: 

Defroster Kit for SSK/TD (Hose and Vents) $69.85

Defroster Vent Rubber, SSK/TD/SPD (2 Required) $8.85

I suspect these might be long, narrow vents, especially since they have rubber grommets.

The Duchess used four of the round vents Rocky pictured, just pressed into the fiberglass with no grommets. 

PMOSSBERG2012-07-27 14:14:53

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Rocky, these might work:

But they are shorter than those in our Duchesses. It might be difficult tto reattach the defroster hoses.

Or these, but the angle on the vents may be too severe:

PMOSSBERG2012-07-27 14:39:21

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Scroll down in this thread…one of the posters claims they are available in any home supply or building supply store:

Paul Mossberg

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Black, and not directional, but motorcycle/ATV air box vents might work. Just remove the foam filters:

Paul Mossberg

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Paul. Don’t know what the vents at MG Magic look like. They don’t have a picture of all the parts they offeer. If they are the rectangular ones, then those are the ones I need.

Allen Caron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dutchess Classic Roadster manual page 77 shows 4 small round vents. They should be available fromhardware store.

Page 34 of CMC Fiberfab manual shows small rectangular vent. I think this May be vent MG Magic sells.

Page 44 of Fiberfab ford manual says to cut slots and glue windshield washer  tubing around slot.

I am using 2″ round vent found in  salvage yard from a GM product unknown   year. I am using 2 with the stock 3″ center vent.
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Thanks George.

Yes, Rocky and I have Duchesses. And he’s trying to replace the one inch round vents.

Rocky, I’m pretty convinced the MG Magic vents are not correct for our cars.

Paul Mossberg

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Rocky I’ll be at a VW show tomorrow with a lot of vendors and I’ll keep an eye out for 1-inch round vents. If I see any, I’ll pick you up a pair.

Allen Caron

Anonymous
    Inactive

1″ to 4″ round vents available at Round vents.com .   Local hardware store should carry vents used to prevent moisture build up behind wooden boards. List at round vents.com starts at 52 cents. Small price to pay. Think I paid 55 cents at local ACE store.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Allen,

If you find them, Rocky will need four, not two…
    …if his car was built per Classic Roadsters specs.

Paul Mossberg

Rick
    Participant

@rockyx

Thanks for all the help guys.  Sorry I was slow to respond but I’ve been doing body work and starting to do some priming.  Hard to tear away.

Paul, I’ll head to HomeDepot or Ace and see if I can find what I need there.

Thanks all.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Back from car show. Only found one, BEAT UP, rectangular vent. Sorry.

Allen Caron

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.