2016 Carlisle Hotel Info

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show 2016 Carlisle Hotel Info

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Jack: I suggest you bring the whole tea party set. I envision a scenario during the new (to us) car limbo competition, in which street-racer Honda Civics and such compete to see who is lowest. Typically this involves, aside from the usual (terrible) lowering tricks, a half dozen of the driver’s best friends piling into the car to get it even lower.

One of us could easily win this contest, clearing the pipe first with our windscreens up and then, when folded forward, wiping out the other competition easily. You may be lower than me since I installed a windscreen wiper motor on my windshield. That adds maybe 4 inches to my ride height.
    So I envision you, after folding down your screen, hooking your tea kit to the side of the car, plugging it in and, just as you approach the bar, casually removing the kettle from the tray and pouring a warm cup full. Class! The crowd roars! Jack wins the trophy!
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

Hey Ed, that all sounds like great fun.  But isn’t the top of the upright windscreen mounting bracket the highest point when the screen is folded down? 

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Yeah, unless you went for the authentic, barely-works wiper motor. I don’t recall Jack’s exact tea setup but I thought it might have mounted high enough for my scenario. Still works, even if not. Especially since Jack won’t have to duck!

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Hey Ed,

I resemble that “Jack won’t even have to duck” remark!!  
    And  Bill, I promise that I will NOT hold you responsible if you run over any of my prized possessions again this year!!
    And Shu, I’ll leave a home earlier this year so that I won’t be running late for the meet-up if my muffler decides to loosen up and start dragging again this year.
    Happy Jack
    (it’s  2 – to – one against the tea party ensemble so far….stay tuned…)

Toller
    Participant

@toller

I will be seeing some of  you gentlemen on Friday afternoon at Carlisle.  I have an 8 hour drive to Mechanicsburg according to Google Map.

Where would I be finding the TDR crowd on Friday afternoon, with the Speedster people?
    As I do not yet trust the TDR to make the trip will be driving the pickup which I have already been informed can not participate in any planned cruises, so would welcome offer to copilot provided maps are in metric for distances and mileage (kilometrage), as well will be offering a bribe to the driver with an appropriate adult beverage. 
    Look forward to meeting all you fellow TDR mechanics. 

Toller2016-04-19 07:59:01

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Sorry to say, my son, David, will not be in attendance. He’s to be best man at his friend’s wedding. He says a true friend would not have scheduled that particular weekend. But, oh well, the following weekend is the Jefferson Hillclimb at Summit Point that he’ll be free to attend.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Toller,

Yes, the TDr crowd will be with the Speedsters.
    You can drive whatever you want on the cruises. There are no rules here. Bill’s “no, no, no” was in jest.
    This weekend is about the people, much more than it is the cars. Sure, the cars are what brought teh group together. But you don’t need one to play!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Toller
    Participant

@toller

I had no issue with response to question about a Dodge Ram 1500 cruising with the TDRs as I figured at a minimum I would be assumed to be the chase vehicle for towing the cars that encountered mobility problems. I for one would be reluctant to leave the car on the shoulder of the road for fear of it being scavenged for parts that are hard to come by, especially the original stock parts.   See you next month

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

Dbanta
    Participant

@dbanta

BTW – The Event is May 20, 21 and 22. In the hotel info is references May 19th, 20 and 21. There are still rooms available for those last minute people like me. 🙂

In wine there is truth, in water health.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

David

That being said you will have more fun grabbing a right seat from one of the TD guys and jumping around to different cars so you can see a variety. In addition the speedster guys will let you try as well if you want to check those out. I am sure Paul will be driving his – I am sure he could be convinced to let one of us poor TDr guys get a ride in the mighty IM. 
    It’s all about fun anyway.
    You want a ride let me know.
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

For a price schu… for a price. 😎

Or…first come, first served.

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Toller
    Participant

@toller

Dale
    Thanks for the offer. Expect to be at hotel between 14:00 and 16:00 on the Friday. Have purchased non judged ticket so if you are not at hotel will go to fairgrounds and find you at the Speedster tent. If that doesn’t work then will have to depend on someone to tell me where to go.

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Just to clarify…since there was a comment made above…

The Hotel references Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, May 19, 20 and 21. Those nights are in the block because many of us arrive Thursday and check out Sunday.
    The show dates are Friday, Saturday and Sunday May 20, 21 and 22.

Paul Mossberg

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

David,

I am sure we will be meeting up with all the TDr guys on Friday evening for dinner at the fairground with Woobly at his Casa ( RV ) or finding a restaurant for us all to meet at for just us.  
    I am not sure yet if I have one of my sons coming with me yet or my wife coming for a couple of days.
    Plenty of guys to get a right seat if needed – it will work out – it is a relaxed bunch – except for Ed when he gets pissed off when we change our minds in traffic. Got to let it ride a bit more… He He
    ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

I have reservations at the Courtyard in Mechanicsburg that I will be cancelling soon (Friday and Saturday nights).  If anyone wants the rooms, let me know by Private Message and we can try to make the swap.

1986 British Coach Works Type 52 (Sammy)
    Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

One of the SOC guys needs a room. Please don’t cancel yet.

Will send pm.

Paul Mossberg

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

Room has been taken.  Hope everyone enjoys themselves.

1986 British Coach Works Type 52 (Sammy)
    Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.