65 degree

Home Forums General Discussion 65 degree

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

About a month ago I decided I was done cruising for the year . Today the Buffalo weatherman said that we would set a record high on Sunday with a 65 degree . They have this thing they call shoot it and send it where they want you to send a picture of what you did on this 65 degree day and they will put the pics on TV . I guess you know what my plan is .

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I took the day off from work yesterday to do some work on the house and took the MG to the hardware store only 2 miles down the road. Somehow that trip was well over an hour.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

In Philly today 65, tomorrow 67, Sunday 68.  Guess what I’m doing this weekend.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

Let’s see…
     Stay home and watch our football teams(Bears, Bills and Eagles) LOSE YET ANOTHER game…Cry
    OR have some REAL fun on a ROADTRIP!Clap
    See you on the road!:lol:

Amor Conquista Todo

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Thumbs Up

Bob
    Participant

@lrh

Definitely a good way to use this warm end to the year. Be careful in these little fiberglass cars because everyone else will no doubt try to be on the road in their SUV’s.

I had covered my car for the winter a few weeks ago and already had it out once since then. I’m used to December having sub-freezing temps, even here just south of Tennessee.
    Unfortunately for me I caught a not-so-bad cold just over a month ago and a bad one last week. Haven’t got a flu shot yet with those colds taking up so much of my healthy time. Would only be the 2nd year I’ve ever done the flu shot thing.
    So those colds kept me from doing much outdoors and now I’ve got to either risk prolonging a cough or get some driving time done this weekend. I’m so tempted, I was planning on a drive to a few covered bridges for pictures before the 1st cold (and later expected temperature cold!).
    Motorcycle has been neglected some because of the car and could use another ride before possibly sitting a couple months too. Luckily there’s often a few days of warmer weather here anytime during the winter, albeit temporary so timing outdoor activities can be problematic. Doesn’t help that I hate temps below 60 degrees!
    😆
    Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Bob, you are right about that, the motorcycle does suffer because of the little car.  I like to try to keep it even but my wife likes riding in the little car more than the motorcycle so that gets the lion’s share of the the road time.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

sounds chilly

mid 70’s onthe coast 🙂
    John Simion
    Participant

@johnsimion

motorcycle does suffer because of the little car” — heck, my wife made me give up our motorcycle because she was scared out of her wits while riding on it.  And, as much as I loved riding the motorcycle, I really couldn’t blame her.  The problem was not my riding ability, it was the other drivers who don’t pay attention.  On the rare occasions when other drivers look up from their cell phones, their food, their drinks, and their makeup, they just don’t see motorcycles.  My TDR may be a deathtrap as well, but it’s very eyecatching and different, and therefore a lot more visible to other drivers than the motorcycle.  I also have to believe that ANY car is safer to be hit in than a motorcycle, even if that car has construction as lightweight as a fiberglass TDR — plus I’m equipping it with headrests and shoulder belts.
    johnsimion2015-12-11 19:37:12

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Think Sunday looks like a good cruise day her in Baltimore too, traffic permitting.

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

John, I don’t disagree but I won’t give up the bike, too much fun.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL

Bob
    Participant

@lrh

Got my old Yamaha cruiser out yesterday after buying a new full face helmet on a whim (really needed new one tho!). Just enough to top up gas tank and try helmet (Kabuto Kamui).

The car is another matter. I might just be sitting and watching a motocross today.
    If I don’t use top and side curtains I’m afraid the wind will undo my recovery from that cold and cough. Planned drive is 120 miles round trip.
    Defeats the purpose of a nice weather day drive to enclose myself like that. But I still have all day today and tomorrow to debate the issue, so depending on how that goes I might have pictures to show for it. No promises! 
    Have fun all of you able to put the weekend to good use!

LRH2015-12-12 11:23:19

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Got in a fifty mile loop through Eastern PA woods and horse country.  Planning another one for tomorrow if the Fates allow.  Overcast but really nice temps all around.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL

Bob
    Participant

@lrh

Sounds good, horse country can be better than cow country if what I’ve seen of central Tennessee is typical of elsewhere in the SE.

😀
    Going to be too gusty here, although warmer still, on Sunday after missing my chance today. Oh well.
    john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Merry Christmas Happy Hanukkah  Feliz Navidad  😎  74 * 

jebarry2015-12-13 14:26:45

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Currently 70. Took another ride. As much as I would like snow for Christmas, I LIKE this.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Bob
    Participant

@lrh

I couldn’t resist a drive today, so warm. Windy, sure, but the forecasters were saying not really gusty until late afternoon so I just had to get out there. Left top up, but crosswinds kept blowing my cap off.

If you don’t mind a 3 minute YouTube video, and what must be the worst squeaking steering wheel of all time, here’s those 3 covered bridges I’ve been wanting to take the car to since a month ago. Reason for this time of year, no tree leaves to block the views.
    Pay no attention to the person talking to himself either.

LRH2015-12-13 20:11:10

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

Really nice little video, Bob. Made me wish we could’ve seen more of the trip.

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

Toller
    Participant

@toller

Bob
    Can you tell me the make and size of your speedo and tach. They appear to be 4-5 inch in diameter and if so are exactly what I am looking for. Tried doing search for Vintage speedo but could not find anything that matched. They look like the VDO Royale series which is what I have ordered for temp/fuel/press gauges but VDO does not make speedo and tach any larger than 3 3/8

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

Nice drive!
    I’ve been thinking about getting an inexpensive dash cam and taking some vids.
    I like the bridges. Our local covered bridge is nowhere near as long!
    I think squeaks and pops are just the nature of the beast! I’ve noticed with my top and sides up it seems to magnify the noises. Probably cause they can’t escape.
    Thanks for sharing!

Amor Conquista Todo

Bob
    Participant

@lrh

Thanks Tex aka Bill!  (edit) And now Steve too.

I tried a gopro facsimile camera my brother gave me but only place I found to attach it was the top bow which made the camera hang upside down. Thinking I could invert the video somehow and that didn’t work out so I need another way.
    Holding a regular camera is not the way to do it!

Vintage Reproduction is all I know, I tried looking for them online before and didn’t have much luck… until now:
    Black dials on that set, and large numbers are KPH, small MPH same as mine. Another expired ebay auction from out of Tuvalu, a little island nation in the SW Pacific, had white dials but I couldn’t actually get to see anything more of it. Yet another ebay auction has the speedo alone, same from the other set, that’s as far as I got when looking for those.
    I guess there’s still a chance of finding a pair of those gauges if you search enough, but they aren’t real big.
    My speedometer and tach measure 3 3/4 inches (not sure of hole size) with the dials inside being only 2 7/8″.
    They only appear big in the video. In fact, until I measured just now I would have thought they were at least 4 to 5 inches wide. Maybe explains my trouble reading them past the steering wheel! Common problem I read about here at this tdreplica forum.

LRH2015-12-14 11:14:34

John Simion
    Participant

@johnsimion

I have a full set of the old Vintage gauges from my FiberFab VW-based car if someone wants them. They black faces with white numbers and are in good shape for their age (not abused) but just not my style. The speedo works if properly geared — the rest probably work but I can’t guarantee anything.

Harry Lewis
    Participant

@spike-lewis

I would be interested in the speedo. What are you asking for it

Thanks
    Spike

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.