Allison Daytona shift

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Allison Daytona shift

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Just purchased an Allison Daytona, Have a problem with the shifting, very difficult. I know in my old beetle we would remove the rear seat and expose the bushing on top of the tranny. there is no way to get to it on this car any thoughts. Or maybe you have thoughts on what it could be. Oh and by the way the Engine # is ADR47926P never seen a number like that before Richard Wobby40122.7254166667

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Richard, Could you be a little more specific? Is the shifter lever stiff and hard to move or loose and floppy?Are you able to shift from one gear to another and is it more difficult if the engine is running?If your car is a VW based replica ,the VW shifter should be beneath a removable cover either under or between the seats. Perhaps the flex joint that connects the shifter tube to the transaxle is worn or the shifter tube bushings may worn out or need lubricating. Is the clutch disengaging completely or does the car try to move with the pedal pressed all the way down with the engine running and the trans in gear?Hope this will give you something to go on.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Richard,

Any engine code beginning with “AD” is a replacement block. Your block was never supplied in a new cars, it was sold “over the counter”. All are dual-relief with 10mm oil passages.

PMOSSBERG40123.0265625

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Under the seat you guys are great, Ally runs and shifts great, I think she runs on a 1971 rebuilt VW. Very stable frame, Nice smooth ride, I love it, Being a Ford A guy, I wasn’t sure this car would be for me. What a suprise. Fun, Zippy and the wind in my face, I’m going to find another. Thier small don’t take up much space. I’m having a blast. but don’t know how fast I’m going, located the broken speedo cable in the front wheel, am getting ready to replace. Is this as easy as it seems and what length or is it just the stock one. Thanks for your help. Let me finish cleaning and you’ll get more pictures. I’ve stopped shaking.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

It is not a stock speedo cable. But I forget how long the substitute is.

Remember, the driving position is basically the back seat of the original VW. So the dash is pushed towards the rear too.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.