Any members in Tucson AZ

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Any members in Tucson AZ

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    John Black
    Participant

@britinaaz

Hi Guys,

New to the TDr and enjoying it all. If anybody is in the Tucson area I would like to check out  your version of this fun car. Enjoy. My TDr is an international version. A Brit driving a replica British car powered by  german engine and running gear in Arizona!

John In Vail Az

Harry Lewis
    Participant

@spike-lewis

Not to far away, I’m in Phoenix

Spike

John Black
    Participant

@britinaaz

Hi Spike, nice to meet you. We will have to get something going in this part of the world. Do you have any more TDrs in your area? This afternoon was the first time I really took the car out for a run. Ive been playing around with it all week. It really went well, to well sayeth the local Sheriff when he pulled me for speeding!!!!! But then he started to talk about the car as he issued a warning!  Yippee skippee!

lets keep in touch,

thanks John

ray10
    Participant

@ray10

John to see who is local to you we have a map ,

!) ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE MAP THERE IS A LITTLE HOUSE ,BELOW THAT THERE IS A CIRCLE CLICK ON THAT IT SHOULD TAKE YOU TO YOUR MARKER IF YOU HAVE GPS ON YOUR COMPUTER OR TABLET .

2) OR YOU CAN INPUTE IT IN THE BOX AT THE TOP OF THE MAP THAT SAYS ( FIND ADDRESS OR PLACE ) ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PUT IN YOUR TOWN AND STATE ,OH AND HIT ENTER .

John after checking the map Phoenix is the closes to you a little bit of a drive but well worth it.:D
     John I also added you to the map Clap

ray102015-05-15 20:33:38

TDREPLICA Map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7f9174ad614e43b680deba085b0abf48

John Black
    Participant

@britinaaz

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the help Ray, really nice of you to do that.
    John

Harry Lewis
    Participant

@spike-lewis

Hi, seems most of the owners of TV ‘ are on the east coast. Here is a pic of mine. It was the fourth one I looked at before I bought it.

Spike

Anonymous
    Inactive

Spike: Nice looking car. Is it VW powered or another flavor?

Harry Lewis
    Participant

@spike-lewis

It built on a 1969 VW chassis

Spike

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Welcome Spike!

That’s a great looking car!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

John Black
    Participant

@britinaaz

Hi Spike.

Great look you have on the car. Looks to be a very similar colour to mine, mine is a really fine metal flake. It also needs a paint job! The big question I have for you is those wheels? They look perfect on the car. Do you have any details about them?

Thanks John

Harry Lewis
    Participant

@spike-lewis

Hi, the wheels are spoke rims, made by Dayton. Just put new tires on 185 65R15

Harry Lewis
    Participant

@spike-lewis

Here is a better pic

Harry Lewis
    Participant

@spike-lewis

So John, how did a brit end up in the Tucson desert?

John Black
    Participant

@britinaaz

Hi Spike.

Looks like my car needs the fuel shut off solenoid. That should solve my fuel issue. 

Do you still have the dimensions of the Daytons, such as the offset etc? They really work well on the car.

I came to the USA April first 99, and moved to Austin TX. 18 months later a move to the greater bay area of San Francisco. I stayed in the Bay Area until January 14 and have been here ever since. What brought me to the Desert?  The current Mrs is the easy answer. Enuf said. But I do like it and enjoy the area here. How about you are you native AZ?

Harry Lewis
    Participant

@spike-lewis

Hi, I’m originally from Mass. Military has moved me all over. Been to London, Mendenhall and Upper heyford. Lived in Madrid for four years. Arrived here 20 years ago. Retired a little over a year ago. We liked it here so we never left

I have no idea on your rim questions. Just 4 lug VW rims

Spike

John Black
    Participant

@britinaaz

Hi Spike that gives me a clue for the rims anyway.  I retired Sept 13, so about the same time as you, I know Mildenhall and Upper Heyford.  I have lived all over the world as a kid and adult, so when I left the UK in 99 I had a choice to go anywhere In the world, I chose to come to the USA. To many years living on US bases as a kid. Dad was military.

We will have to meet up soon.

Thanks for the rim intel.

John

Harry Lewis
    Participant

@spike-lewis

We did 5 years in San Antonio, 5 years in Marquette, Michigan, 2 years in Guam and 2 in California also. The wife is retired Air Force and I’m retired DOD.   

Spike

Bob
    Participant

@lrh

Can’t disagree that they’re really nice wheels! I just couldn’t see getting any for my car, finding any of them to be a large portion of the car’s value!

🙂
    Did get my spoked metal hubcaps back on, after I could only find chrome ABS plastic replacements with a cost of about $150 for a set! Adapters needed too, apparently.
    Two of them had longer than original bolts in the centers for holding the spokes and cap on, which made for a bad fit to the wheels. And a couple were also loose, hence the terrible rattle when driven. All snug and tight, no more rattles! And gave me the opportunity to clean most of the rust off.
    About the Pheonix AZ area, I could say nice place to visit but wouldn’t want to live there… however, having traveled through only a few times in my life I actually like some of the places along that SW route. It’s better than I would have imagined if I had never been there anytime. Movies and TV would have you think it’s all sand, rock, cactus.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.