Carlisle 2012 Hotel and Dinner Info

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show Carlisle 2012 Hotel and Dinner Info

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Roy, you’ll be hooking up with the PA turnpike at

Morgantown, as will I. Let me know when you plan

to leave Friday ,and if you don’t mind, I’ll tag along.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Bill, Sure sounds good.  Are you driving your TD over?  I’m considering leaving my tow car at my BiL’s and drive the TD over from Elverson.  A lot will depend upon the weather.  I really don’t like driving it on the big roads but it looks like the only way to get there.  (MiGi’s capable.  I don’t really like the big rigs or 60+ buffeting.)  Shoot me your phone #.  Where exactly do you live anyway? 

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Getting ready to rock!

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Roy,

PM sent to you, subject line “Carlisle”.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

By this time next week, I will be on the show field.

Hope for smooth driving and good weather.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Almost meaningless this far in advance, but the weekend forecast is not bad!

Fri May 18 High: 80 Lo: 60 Partly Cloudy Chance of rain: 10%

Sat May 19 High: 78 Lo: 59 Mostly Sunny Chance of rain: 10%

Sun May 20 High: 78 Lo: 61 Partly Cloudy Chance of rain: 10%

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Weather sounds like it will be great – looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new friends.

I will be there on Thursday afternoon through Sunday morning – anyone can reach me on my cell if you want to meet up – I will be going to most if not all of the Speedster functions, but I think we should all cut out on Saturday sometime for a TD cruise. I will see everyone there.
    My cell 540 207 6148
    Anyone want to try the timed Autocross this year – Ed?
    I am thinking about it – anyone know the cost?
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

Looking forward to meeting you all.  Almost hate to ask this but I’ll blame it on Julie:  What does everyone wear to the Saturday night shindig?  I assume jeans and our club shirts for the men??  Comfy casual for the women??  Help, I need to know right now.  She’s about to hurt me. 

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Roy,

For Saturday night, jeans and hawiian flower shirts. Seriously! Wife and I have ours and truthfully, this weekend cant come soon enough. We’re chomping at the bit to go.

newkitman2012-05-15 12:02:53

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Geez Allen…I was gonna say  black tie! Cool

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Hmm…Black tie and a hawiian flower shirt. Gotta think on that! Wink  LOL

Allen Caron

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Looking to be a GREAT weekend.

And I swear…this is the last Carlisle without my Duchess.

She will DEFINITELY be on the road by the end of the summer.

But sadly, will not be ready for Carlisle.

Paul Mossberg

Mike
    Participant

@mike-n-scarlett

I hope all of you have a great time. Be sure and post some photos so the rest of us can see what we missed .  Have fun all.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

I’ll say the same for Moneypenny. Paul you and I will have our cars atCarlisle 2013. I may even tour the Berkshires next year while you take a jaunt over to Syracuse in the Duchess.

Allen Caron

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Paul- post an Album on Facebook of all the cars ..

thx

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Allen – The Duchess has done a couple tours of the Berkshires. I ran the One Lap of Connecticut a couple times (a time/speed/distance rally). And afterwards headed on up into Massachusetts to visit my childhood summer stomping grounds. My grandparents used my great grandfather’s old house in Peru MA as a summer home. And my grandparents are buried in a tiny old cemetery in Hinsdale.

John – Sure thing! Many pictures will be forthcoming!

Paul Mossberg

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Shu,

Definitly up for the autocross.

I’m told there’s a dyno there, too. Is that true?

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Bill,

Hook up w/ me when you get there and we will see what is involved in getting into the autocross/cost etc.
    The always have a dyno up and running the whole weekend – mostly the cobra type group there, but but they will dyno anyone. I remember it a bit pricey for me. 
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

The dyno has been right next to the speedster area (and the cobra area behind us). I think it might be a hundred bucks a pull. I think it’d be funny to put Bridget on there & see if she has 50hp (My bet would be about 45 rwhp). But I can’t see blowing a bennie on that kind of joke.

as for autoX–YEAH! If y’all’s are too wimpy to stand up for a real auto sport (auto polo), then I guess the twist track will have to do. I bet we draw a crowd.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Like I really need another “shoulda been old enough to know better” prize!!  I’ll consider running in the autocross.  But, it’s gonna take some convincingWink!   

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Well, Me, you, Schu and Bill–that’s a tournament right there. And we three VW guys can settle some questions about how to set up the suspensions on these cars. Schubie is lifted up on coil-overs. He has wide tires and a bit of an engine in his car. I’ve got the adjustable beam and stock springs, reduced in front, and a set of 165/80/15s. So that’s a very different setup.

And you got what you got.

(Bill, of course, has an actual race car optimized for auto-crossing).

Four TDs. Four Brave Men. One Replicup (TM)

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Just for the record:  MiGi has an almost stock VW suspension (all small torsion leaves have been removed from both of the beams).  Running 165/80/15’s @18#.  1969,  1600cc sp (no doghouse) engine with stock carb and vacuum distributor and 800 miles since rebuild.  

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Last year, a BMW Isetta went on the dyno. VW drivers have NOTHING to be ashamed of!

Paul Mossberg

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Yes, Paul, but how did it do in the slalom?

Royal
    Participant

@royal

MiGi’s as ready as she’s gonna get!  We pull out of New Bern tomorrow @ 0500.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.