Carlisle 2016 – IMPORTANT UPDATES

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show Carlisle 2016 – IMPORTANT UPDATES

Viewing 21 posts - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Bill:

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

Great shot.  Guess I’ll have to paint my car RED to become part of the group.

1986 British Coach Works Type 52 (Sammy)
    Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

This is the Red Squadron!  😆

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Back home safe. Got in about an hour ago. Stopped once on the highway to help someone else who was pulled over in a BMW, but they left as I was getting out of the car.

Not much rain or leakage. I’d never driven on the highway before with the side curtains; wasn’t bad at all.
    Great seeing you all. Rain ain’t bother us!
    Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

I got in around 11:00, washed the road grime off and now she’s back in the garage.  Great seing you all.  Looking forward to Liftfest!

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Arrived home around 11:00 with the clutch not working again. Once I got off the turnpike I used a bunch of back roads go get home without being a nuisance to other cars. Only had to come to a full stop once and from there I could see the house. It turns out the lower mounting bolt on the clutch master had backed out and the cylinder was cocking every time I used it. Loctite should solve that problem. Running boards and back cover are off and the cage is in position.

Thanks everyone for your help this weekend. It was a great time.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Toller
    Participant

@toller

As it seems people are reporting arriving home without mishap, albeit Bill seems to have been followed by a dark cloud, only challenge I had was misdirection with GPS. Did not realize there was a problem until an hour into the trip and ETA was showing midnight as opposed to late afternoon, an extra 8 hours to the trip. Was able to drive by dead reckoning as most US roads are oriented NS/EW so it only cost me an extra 1.5 hours.

In spite of the wet weather enjoyed being welcomed by the group face to face and picked up a number of good ideas for making further modifications to the car. Have great summer
    David

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

My favorite shot of the weekend:

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

A few shots from the weekend:

Alan Merklin explaining to Kelly Frazier about his broken rocker arm adjusters.
    Red line.
    I always get a kick out of seeing one of these on the road…
    Car guys are everywhere: even in the Army museum.
    Schu would’ve totally bought this car if the seat had been right for him???and if it was $2,800 instead of $28,000.
    People keep saying I missed the clown car at the limbo contest. I did not miss the clown car at the limbo contest.
    No comment.
    Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

Made it home about 7:30.  No incidents!  Drove through rain until Ohio state line.

crash55
    Participant

@crash55

I took route 30 all the way home. Audrey & I reminisced about all the trips we did on our Goldwing down that road. it was great fun  meeting old friends & making new friends this weekend. can not wait till the next time we meet
    Ken Whitcomb
    Participant

@kenw

Hi Ed,
    If you want m e to send you a few videos of your car in the limbo contest, please send me your email address.
    I am a newbie on this forum, and could not figure out how to post videos (5-6 MB each).
    Thanks, Ken (Al’s friend)
    newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

By the photos posted it looks like it rained either at the start or the finish of the Carlisle event.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Does anyone have contact info for crash55(Bill)?

I sent a PM from here but there’s been no response. There are several possibilities using the phone book.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

emailed you a phone number for Bill in Pittsburgh.

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Hey Folks,

I was going through some of my files and came across these photos of our (mostly) red cars at the hotel, in the rain, and lots of shots of Edsnova losing the Car-Limbo competition to another British brand of car…….They are posted in my media center under Carlisle 2016

Happy Jack

(I have a video clip of the final round but have not been able to upload it — yet…..stay tuned…….)

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

…a couple of shortcuts to the photos….

…A shortcut to the photos of Ed almost winning the BIG trophy…!!!

https://tdreplica.com/members/happyjack/media/148/

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

You-Tube video of Ed’s fine Limbo Adventure at Carlisle……….

(Keep in mind, I am not a videographer — I actually forgot that my DSLR took videos until someone in the stands reminded me, so the quality is what it is……but you’ll get the idea that we had as much fun watching from the stands as Ed had riding in the rain to prove just how low he could go…….)

https://youtu.be/uSxlMpe4qIw

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

har! We’ll get ’em next year!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

The dang wiper motor!

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

The dang wiper motor!

Paul Mossberg

Viewing 21 posts - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.