Carlisle 2020

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show Carlisle 2020

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

Just wondering if there will be a Carlisle 2020.  I was not able to attend last year but plan to attend if it occurs in 2020.  Dnot see any thing on SOC site.

Al Greig

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

May 15-17.

https://www.visitcumberlandvalley.com/things-to-do/car-shows-racing/carlise-import-kit-nationals/

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

My question should have been is MG Replica and SOC having activities as in past years?

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Yes! Carlisle is happening and the SOC/TD Replica club will be gathering as usual. Same hotel as last year. More details to come soon.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

The Holiday Sale is here! Save 20% on Showfield Registration, Admission Tickets, and Season Passes👍 This is the BIGGEST sale of the season, so take advantage of it!!

Also, check out our NEW Package Deals in 2020 for additional savings & ease😁

> Visit https://store.carlisleevents.com/ for Showfield registration, package deals and season passes

> Visit http://www.carlisletickets.com for admission tickets and spectator packages

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

Guess I am committed.  Bought my show field pass.  Now I just need to get the car fixed after accident.  Found a Corvette shop that is willing to fabricate the damaged center front piece behind bumper.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Al Greig.
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

That shouldn’t take long. Looking forward to Spring and seeing everyone there.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I signed up for the show field yesterday.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Registered!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

crash55
    Participant

@crash55

Audrey & I will be there

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Excellent!

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Bill, are you and Audrey attending in your MG? (I hope, I hope)

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Hotel reservations are open.

2020 Carlisle Courtyard  hotel reservations:   717 300 7026   Charity Shreffler 
    Alan Merklin again contracted room block for Speedster Owners Group 35 rooms per night for: Thursday May 14, Friday May 15 and Saturday May 16th.
    The room rate is $132.00 per night. You are encouraged to book your asap as there are a number of area events taking place the same weekend. Area hotels sell out quickly.
    On Thursday night we will have the BBQ buffet as we did last year, the cost will automatically added to your Thursday night room folio there is nothing for you to do.
    Reservations:  To maintain an accurate room count we have a special reservation number , please call direct to Charity Shreffler at 717 300 7026.  Monday through Friday  8 – 4 . Be sure to mention Speedster Owners Group.
    Do Not Call to reserve on line or by calling the hotel’s front desk !

Courtyard by Marriott

503 Newburg Road
    Shippensburg, PA 17257
    The Hotel is located one mile west of  Interstate 81 exit 29 Shippensburg
    Group Name: Speedster Owners.
    May 14,15,16   2020          Rate : $132.00 per night
    Check in is 3:00 pm & Check out is 12:00 noon.
    Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Hello folks! I’ve been rarely on this site for a while. I’ve had a few job changes and finally got out of that state job with the low pay (great benefits crap).
    I’m still not rolling in dough, yet I have a few penny’s more to start looking at reviving my two once beautiful sweethearts.

Can someone please tell me where this May event is being help? I will not be able to attend in 2020, so I will look forward to future events.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Scroll up, Mark.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Thanks. I guess that I was too lazy. Carlisle, Pennsylvania. I did drive one of them down to Phoenix from Port Townsend, WA years ago (with a little tow to make the last 50 miles). I’m not so sure that I’d want to make that trip from Phoenix, Arizona to Pennsylvania. I was between jobs when I picked up the London Roadster. I am now working again and probably can’t swing enough time off for that kind of trip again.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Carlisle update. Hotel reservations and show field registration is still open!

This year we’re doing the Saturday dinner in-house.

Here’s the meal plan:

Thursday 2:00 – 5:00PM Hotel Welcome w/ Cookies, Brownies and Lemonade.

Thursday 6:30 – 8:30PM:  BBQ Buffet consisting of BBQ Pulled pork, Boneless BBQ chicken, Italian sausage w/ onions and peppers. House salad, BBQ Baked beans, Baked mac n cheese, Potato salad, Rolls, Cookies, Ice tea and Lemonade.  $23.88 pp incl tax and tip . This will automatically be charged to your room.

Friday: FREE Buffet Breakfast 6:00 – 9:00 AM w/ Seasonal fresh cut fruit, Assorted muffins, Sliced bagels w/ cream cheese, butter, fruit preserves, Scrambled eggs, Breakfast potatoes & Bacon. Chilled fruit juices, freshly brewed Starbucks coffee also regular and decaf.

Friday PM we will pitch in and order in a large pizza order as we did last year or you can head out to local eatery’s.

Saturday 6:30 – 11:00 AM:  FREE Breakfast ” E coupon ” that you present to the Hotel’s Bistro for your selection choices.

Saturday 6:30PM – 10:00PM  Catered Dinner Buffet by the Courtyard by Marriott.  Chicken Carbonara, Lasagna, Rolls, House salad, Green beans almandine, Steamed vegetables, Assorted deserts, Ice tea & Coffee.                    $31.44 pp includes tax and tip will automatically be charged to your room. 

Sunday: FREE Breakfast Buffet: 6:30 – 11:00 AM  w/ Seasonal fresh cut fruit, Assorted muffins, Sliced Bagels w/ cream cheese, butter, fruit preserves, Scrambled eggs, Breakfast potatoes & Bacon. Chilled fruit juices, freshly brewed Starbucks coffee also regular and decaf.

==

Reminder on the hotel, if you want to stay with us:

CALL  717 300 7026   and ask for Charity Shreffler 
    Speedster Owners Group has 40 rooms per night for: Thursday May 14, Friday May 15 and Saturday May 16th. You may also elect to arrive one day early Wednesday May 13th as some of the regulars do. This is a casual social day with no scheduled activities.
    The room rate is $132.00 per night plus applicable taxes. You are encouraged to book your asap as there are a number of area events taking place the same weekend. Area hotels sell out quickly.
    Reservations:  To maintain an accurate room count we have a special reservation number , please call direct to Charity Shreffler at 717 300 7026.  Monday through Friday  8 – 4 . Be sure to mention Speedster Owners Group.
    Please do not call the hotel front desk, email, or use the 800 reservation number. This 717 300 7026 number allows for an accurate head count for the Thursday BBQ.
    Courtyard by Marriott
    503 Newburg Road
    Shippensburg, PA 17257
    Room cancellation policy: Must cancel 24 hours prior to scheduled 12 (Midnight) the day prior to arrival cancellation policy. Any reservation not canceled in accordance with reservation policies will be subject to a cancellation fee of one night’s room and tax.
    To register for the show field (you can bring any car and park with us though MGTD replicas, real MGs, VWs and air-cooled Porsches are especially encouraged. Here’s the website.
    This is the non-judged showfield package most of us get. You get a windshield sticker that lets you drive through the gate every day. At the drop-down menu where it says “club” please select “SPEEDSTER OWNERS”. That puts you with us and makes the club bigger and stronger, which gets us stuff like a big free tent to keep our heads cool in the shade (or, ahem, “dry”).
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Bump:

I think 28 of the Carlisle rooms have been reserved. There are like a dozen left still. Time to register.

Meals included in the hotel bill.

That number again, Courtyard by Marriott reservation :   717 300 7026  ask for Charity Shreffler. 

Get in on it, guys.

Thanks all who already registered and condolences to all who must, alas, bow out this year.

I want to thank Alan “Dr. Clock” Merklin for his stalwart efforts in streamlining this year’s festivities.

Reminder: this year is an a-la-carte extravaganza with two (count ‘em) optional cruise/sight-seeing tours, Thursday BBQ at the hotel, the usual full complement of showfield hijinx and an in-house Saturday night banquet and awards ceremony.

ITINERARY:

Arrive Wednesday night to get a head start on the fun if you’d like. Intimations that Cory and Jeni are going to rebuild the Hoopty in the back lot are Fake News, probably.

Arrive Thursday and unpack your junk, untrailer your ride and unleash your beer cooler as things get cranking in earnest with the second annual Pulled Pork/ Burger/Dog Jamboree on the beautiful Shippensberg Marriott back patio at 6 pm. BYOB or belly up to the bar in the lounge and beer up after your long and arduous trek from yonder precincts.

On Friday enjoy a free breakfast buffet at the hotel or bug-out directly to the show field, a half hour up RT 11, for the world famous Carlisle High School Marching Band Egg Sammiches. You will not be corralled or herded. Options include a 2 ½ hour Covered Bridge Tour with lunch at the Historic Meiserville Inn and a stop at the Hunters Valley Winery

>OR<

A spirited 2 ½ hour drive to the Kings Gap State Park, ending at the Appalachian Brewing Co. in Gettysburg

before (or after!) heading up to the show field for some quality time checking out cars.

Friday night is your choice of pizza on the patio or the Annual Restaurant Scramble for dinner. List of Health Department Approved eateries tbp.

Saturday breakfast at the hotel or head to the field at your leisure. Again, the open road beckons so those who love to drive ‘em are encouraged to run one of the pre-plotted routes from the hotel to other attractions over back roads before heading to the show.

At some point still yet to be decided there will very likely be the First Annual Tournament de Valve Covers, a race for discerning Gentlemen, Ladies, and Others As The Case May Be.

Folks will be asked to head back to the hotel by 6 for the 7 pm buffet. There will be two main entrees—Chicken Carbonera or Lasagna—and green beans almondine, mixed vegetables and house salad along with dessert and coffee. The hotel’s cash bar will be available as always.

After dinner we’ll turn to the annual award ceremony followed by the raffle. Awards for longest travel, general menchery and hard luck will be provided. Please bring a good thing for the raffle and remember to buy a ticket and take the ride, as the scratch raised from this refills the fund from which we pay for various expenses, including the chairs and tables under our showfield tent.

Sunday we’ll say our goodbyes at the hotel and/or head back to the field for one last look around.

See you all there!

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Whatcha bringing, Ed?

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I’ll have the Spyder this year.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Cool!

crash55
    Participant

@crash55

I’m holding my breath ,  that this passes & Carlisle still happens . Only leaving my property for groceries for over 2 weeks now .  On the bright side Pres . Trump is contributing  $1200.00 to my td budget  stay safe everybody

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Is there any event similar to Carlisle, PA near the west coast USA?

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Dear Friends

A couple years ago, I tried to get something going, here in California. There was just a little bit of interest, from some of our members, but then it fizzled out. I’d still Love to start a meet-up, out here, in the Land of Surf and Sun…Sure, it’d be slow to start but who knows what it could turn into…I’m open to any ideas and would even help to put it together. It’d be nice to have something to look forward to, in these dark times…Perhaps this Fall, when it might be a little safer to venture out?

Let’s start a separate thread and get the conversation going…

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Please do start that other thread. Is Knotts Berry Farm still a thing?

Meanwhile, as of today, the Carlisle Import and Performance Show is NOT CANCELED. I’ll post here immediately if or when that announcement comes.

Trying to behave as though I know it will happen, even though my brain says it’s unlikely. Please continue your house arrest.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.