Classic Roadsters Ltd. Parts for Sale

Home Forums Classifieds MGTD Kit Parts and other stuff Classic Roadsters Ltd. Parts for Sale

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Toni McBain
    Participant

@classic-lady

Hi. Thanks to you, after reading some of your posts, I was able to solve a mystery. A few months ago, I bid on a bunch of “junk” on a MN online estate auction. I bid on several “lots” of car parts and other stuff. Most of the stuff wasn’t shown online and I had no idea how much stuff I was really getting until I got to MN to pick it up. After 3 hours of loading up inside of a dirt floor Quonset on a 90 degree day, my son and I were completely covered in dirt and sweat. We looked like Sanford and Son driving back to ND. Anyway, when I got home and started rummaging through stuff, I noticed I had a lot of MG parts. There was a box of about 60 Grand Duchess new emblems in the package, 6 reproduction grills, tons of chrome parts, oodles of headlights, brake parts, engine parts, bulbs, tail lights, along with many unidentifiable parts. There were also tons of Ford and Chevy parts. My entire 3 car garage is filled with car parts. I have been selling some slowly on eBay but it has taken me forever just to research the parts. I kept seeing bags of unopened parts with “Classic Roadsters Ltd” and “Leisure sports”, both out of Fargo, ND. Well, now I know that I have many parts from Mr. Rutherford’s businesses. I see that he sold Classic Roadsters to Don Scott from Sauke Center and he started up Classic Roadsters II and MN Classic Motorsports. Well, I just found out that the auction I was at was in his Quonset. He passed away a few years ago suddenly and his wife was selling all of his car parts. Thanks so much for your help. Now more of these parts make a little more sense. I also have some of the boat parts from Leisure Sports. So…if anyone is in need of any new old stock parts and other used parts for their kit cars, I have tons of parts from MG’s, Healeys, Fords, Chevys, and others I probably don’t even know about. I’m selling all of this because we are moving to AZ before it really gets cold here in ND! I hate to drag it all with me. Thanks again for your help.
    PMOSSBERG2015-09-18 11:30:03

sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

You list reproduction grill shells. Can you post pictures and how much are you asking for them?

Sam

PMOSSBERG2015-09-18 11:33:42

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hi Classic Lady,

Normally I would not appreciate someone signing up here just to sell stuff.

But you appear to have a treasure trove!

I suggest you start a thread in the for sale section and provide some sort inventory of what you have.

Also, who passed? Gary? or Don Scott. I knew Gary. Did not know Mr. Scott. Thanks

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

!

Classic-Lady has certainly come to the right place. Duchess grill shells–those are full length, right Paul?
    I wonder how well they’d fit a BCW
    davearoy
    Participant

@davearoy

Classic Lady, do you have the the radiator grill slats for the “Classic Roadster Grill” I would appreciate if you would PM me directly, unless you want to let the rest of our site members know if you have any, and for how much. Might your treasure trov, also have any of the Classic Roadsters windshield cover brackets . Thanks for letting me know.

Dave

Lakeland , Florida

Dave
    Lakeland, Florida, where we drive Topless every day

Toni McBain
    Participant

@classic-lady

Hi. Sorry, I didn’t even see all of these posts. I haven’t figured out how to post a photo and I think I have to go on my computer to do that. Yeah, sorry if I seem like I just want to sell stuff. I also want to help people find parts they need at a lower price than some others. Not looking to get rich or anything but I’m moving sooner than I thought and would just like to get rid of stuff. A lot of the stuff is kind of rare. When I look part numbers up on EBay, I find either no one with the same part or only a few people.

PMossberg, Don Scott passed away. His wife just wanted to get rid of stuff. I don’t have all of his stuff but I have a bunch!

I’m not even sure what the parts look like that you guys are asking, so it would be best to send me photos of the parts you’re looking for and I could rummage through my stuff. Some are not marked but many are in original bags or boxes but mainly the Ford parts.

I don’t know what grill slats are, sorry.

I’m going to go online on the computer tomorrow and post some photos.

I definitely have hardware for convertible tops called bow mount hardware, have some Lucus light assemblies, Ford Pinto parts, tons of headlights in packages that he must of used for the kits, have a bunch of bags of hardware all separated out and most are labeled, etc.

I sold 2 grill shells on eBay already.

Anyone can look me up on there too if they want. I’m IntegrityInNorthDakota. Thanks.
    PMOSSBERG2015-09-18 11:34:39

Toni McBain
    Participant

@classic-lady

Can you tell me what the slats look like or send me a photo please?

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Ed – Yes. The Duchess grills are full length reproduction MG TD grills!

Again to Classic Lady – Welcome aboard. But PLEASE start a new thread in the classified section. You will note the subject of this thread is PRODUCTION FIGURES, not “items for sale.” Thank you!

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

Just saw a plastic/chrome grill shell on eBay for sale by Classic-Lady that is for a Duchess. Is this the standard grill shell for the Duchess and would it fit a Fiber Fab TDr?

Sam

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

It’s plastic??

sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

She lists it as a fiberglas plasi-chrome grill shell for  Duchess  MGTDr

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I am not able to find the auction ( a link or at least the auction would have helped)

But if she says plastic or fiberglass, I can assure you with 100% confidence that it is NOT for a Duchess.

Paul Mossberg

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

FYI – This weekend I will be deleting all the posts that are not related to “Production Figures”

Open note to Classic Lady – Feel free to post your parts for sale in the Classified section. If I see them anywhere else, I will be deleting them. Thank you for your cooperation!

Paul Mossberg

sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Got it.

That is not a Duchess grill. It is not for a Marlene or Baron either (two seat and four seat Mercedes reproductions from Classic Roadsters Ltd.).

There is a slight chance it is from a Duke (Classic Roadsters Ltd.’s SS100 Jaguar reproduciton).

PMOSSBERG2015-09-18 11:31:09

Paul Mossberg

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Not sure if this thread would appear as a new post…so I’m giving it a bump up.

I took all of Classic-Lady’s ad posts from the “Production Figures” thread and moved them them here.

PMOSSBERG2015-09-18 11:33:10

Paul Mossberg

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

And one more open note to Classic-Lady…

At the risk of anyone here losing out on a deal…

If you do have Duchess Radiator Shells…those are reproduction MG TD grills.

They are chrome plated brass and look like this (we’re talking about just the shell, not the slats, nose piece or emblem):

They typically sell for close to $1,000! I dont; want you to get burned by someone stealing a cheap deal!

PMOSSBERG2015-09-18 11:51:13

Paul Mossberg

JaguarJim
    Participant

@jaguarjim

Just joined the club!  I saw the posting for grilles and was curious if you had any more without the middle piece.  Looking for a grille cover for a Duke model SS100 jaguar replica.  Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Also looking for a windshield or at least the brackets to attach it.  Really hoping I won’t need to have them fabricated.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.