Diesel Allison on eBay

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale Diesel Allison on eBay

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

Sure looks nice but starting at $10k.  I was unaware (but not surprised) that there was a diesel TD.  I am surprised that it only gets 25mpg.  

Gabor Kesseru
    Participant

@gkesseru

Was the Allison available based on a Chevette donor? One of the engines available in the Chevette was an infamously bad diesel. This may be that diesel and that would explain the 25mpg.

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

I was under the impression that all Allison  front engined cars were based on a Nissian. I’ve never heard of a diesel version till now. It’s a really nice car but that’s a nice, I mean high ,  starting point too.

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

I drove a Chevette with a diesel SLOW it had over 100K on it they were Mitsubishi  and or isuzu powered and were sold world wide by GM. Dan R2013-04-16 21:29:36

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Can’t imagine why anyone would build it diesel. Maybe a TDI VW or Mercedes… but a Chevette? An ’80s US diesel car? Everyone knew those were junk even back in the day. They were junk compared even to the incredibly junky junk that normal gas powered cars were then!

God, what an awful automotive time it was.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Hey, maybe a Chevette diesel was his driver and just swapped everything over. Nobody ever said any of us were smart.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

My information is that all Allisons were built and sold as completed cars. Perhaps this one was built to fill someones specific request. As to why ,we may never know.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.