Fiberfab windshield frame

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Fiberfab windshield frame

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Todd
    Participant

@todd

I just bought a Fiberfab TD, the lower part of the windshield frame where it attaches to the body of course looks wrong.  I’ve seen some fiberfabs with a cover over this which makes it look more like a MG.  Can you just get the cover from Moss motors and bolt it on?

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Todd, Good looking MG replica.About the windshield post cover,the MG frame is not made like ones on most kit cars.The part you are referring to is a bracket that fills the gap where the windshield frame meets the car body and also attaches the frame to the car. MG MAGIC see the links page,lists a windshield post cap for about $90,made of polished alum.Give them a call and Brad Anderson can probably help you with this.

Todd
    Participant

@todd

Thanks Larry I’ll give him a call tomorrow.

bill lauro
    Participant

@deerebill

I lucked out and found a complete 1952 frame with side mounts on e-bay, now must have it chromed and add glass. After looking at the side mounts I think with a few mods they could work with the fiberfab frame.Nice car you have there. Good luck. Bill

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

The stock MG-TD windshield frame will not fit a FiberFab car without a lot of modification. The cowl is shaped different than a real TD.

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Todd,

Just an FYI

Funny thing about this is that looking back at the FiberFab promo material photos, they apparently made the kit with and without that additional aluminum “flange”. I don’t recall that it was an option. Mine is a FiberFab and it has the flanges.

Rich

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

You’re right Rich…those covers were an option on the FiberFab kits.

My OEM windscreen frame on my BCW actually folds down flat on the hood/cowl

I guess on long trips, you lay the windscreen flat and have bugs for dinner! Cuts down on time lost stopping to eat. The moths give you “cotton mouth” though.

At tent vendor at the Watkins Glen Zippo Vintage Races was selling leather “helmets” and goggles. Not junk either, good quality stuff, albeit a little pricey, but I was tempted.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.