Got a photo for you

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas Got a photo for you

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Dave B.
    Participant

@dave-b

Thanks for the kind words and advice since I joined up a few days ago.  I’m looking forward to being part of the forum and hope to be in a position soon to be of help to the rest of the group.

Here are the new wheels.

-Dave

Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

Good looking car, mine is still in the shop being refurbished, the mechanic geeks saying next moth, he’s been telling me that for 9 months.

Bill

Bad Bill

Dave B.
    Participant

@dave-b

Thanks, Bill.  Sorry to hear you’re being put off and hope you get it on the road soon. 

Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

Dave

Here are some pics of my project before restoration.  I got it last
    November.  Getting repaint, Brown and Tan, new upholstery and carpet, new dash
    and instruments, rewired, hydraulic brake and clutch pedals, chrome grill, re
    chroming everything else, engine seems ok as is.  Hope to be rolling by
    September.

Bill

Bad Bill

Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

Dave, Oh yeah, forgot, that VW steering wheel has to go also.

Bill

Bad Bill

Dave B.
    Participant

@dave-b

Bill,
    She looks pretty nice even before the makeover, though I have to admit that there’s a bit of an aesthetic issue with the dash. 

And I hate to admit it but I envy the extra space you get with the rear engine.

-Dave

Rich Kallenberger
    Participant

@kall

Here’s a picture of interest – An MDTD photographed in Ft. Myers Florida about 1955 or so. This was taken by my mother during a parade.  Driver is likely the owner of a local auto dealer – Hudsons and other special interest cars.

MGTD 1955

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Dave B. Is that a London Roadster ? It looks a lot like mine . The only difference that I can see are the front fender mirrors , wheels ,and the running lights ( mine are yellow )

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Greg, London Roadster didn’t exist in 1955. This is a “real” MGTD.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

There’s no pulling the wool over Roy’s eyes, eh?

Except that Greg is asking about Dave B’s car. Not the TD that Kall posted. Just sayin! 😛

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

😆

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

That white-wall TD looks to have the rare trim rings augmenting the hub caps. Very cool kit, that.

davearoy
    Participant

@davearoy

Beautiful car Dave. Is that a Classic Roadster Dutchess? I am almost done restoring mine, need to paint it the same color as yours. I am also thinking of painting my front grill slates a tan color like the interior. I am real envious of how your “new wheels” look. I hope you enjoy this web site, there is a lot of talented guys here.

Best Regards

Dave R
    Lakeland, Fl

Dave
    Lakeland, Florida, where we drive Topless every day

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.