Introduction

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Introduction

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Paul Weatherholt
    Participant

@paul

Hello I am new to this site and looking for others that like chatting about there MGTD’s not sure where to start but I just bought one in a garage sale and am waiting to P/U next week and star enjoying the fun..I live in North Ga. and can not wait to take a test drive thru the mountains. I am glad this web site is here and look forward to conecting with new friends thru fun and “TD” conversation…

Paul

Phil
    Participant

@phil

welcome

These cars are lots of fun.

Is yours a front or rear engine.

Paul Weatherholt
    Participant

@paul

Rear, it sits on a 74 volkswagen chasis and it is in Fla. right now. My brother is checking the mechanics and the brakes were shot ( rusted out) so I have all new brake system now. I will do the little things when I get it here but it really does not need much. mirrors ect…sat in a garage covered for 5 yrs. We changed all fluids and cleaned carb since it was new before parked and put a little gas in it fired it, after it choked a few times it went to idle, filled the garage with smoke, then ran great. so I can not wait to get it on the road.

Paul 

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Nice ride Paul. Welcome to the club. You’ll find a ton of kit and VW knowledge here.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Weatherholt
    Participant

@paul

Thanks Paul,

I just may pick your brain sooner then you know

M Watson
    Participant

@m-watson

welcome Paul,  I’m between LaGrange and Newnan and have two TDs w/VW engines.  Most people can’t tell them from the real MGs but one thing IS for sure…they are REAL fun!  Just went to lunch Sunday in the yellow one at Warm Springs..weather was great and you will soon discover that Everone WAVES!    MD Watson,  Hogansville, Ga

Paul Weatherholt
    Participant

@paul

Thanks MD I am really looking forward to picking mine up this week  and getting it back here. would also LOVE to go for a drive with another TD car and TD lover since I do not know much of the “back roads” here. Wife has given in on letting me fix it up even more than I have so if you have any ideas please let me know.

Are there many TD’s in our area ?? or fun clubs. Please keep in touch I have been dying for a fan in my area..Cumming Ga.

is there a way to pass along emails on this site? or just post it here?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Introduction’ is closed to new replies.