my phoenix

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars My Project my phoenix

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    crash55
    Participant

@crash55

well I am starting a build thread back in September I traded a 1984 Honda Goldwing (needed about 3k worth of work & clean ones are getting about 4k) for a fiberfab on a 68 autostick pan. we both agreed we were trading each others problems. I explained all the work the bike needed & we agreed to a straight trade. I took the car for a test drive. made mental list of what I didn’t like handling,wireing, top and dashboard. as stated in my other thread I found the floors were in need of repair. so off came the body & now a total redo is in progress. pictures are in my other thread I’m ready. So far this journey is 1 step ahead& 2 back. Today I got out my needlescaler to clean up the axle beam & proceeded to blow holes in the shock tower where the tubes are for the torsion leaves I am soo happy that I know where my next 300 bucks is going on this project. none the less I want all the running gear to be as good as humanly possible. I was hoping to post pics of the front end next week, but that looks like it will 2 weeks before I can do that I shopped around & my 2 choices are mid America and aircooled.net for a new beam I’ll keep you guys informed of my quest for perfection.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Good luck.

We’ll be here every step of the way!

And I love the theme, “phoenix”

Another TD rising from the ashes!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

crash55
    Participant

@crash55

still waiting for the axle beam to arrive. I clean & paint more suspension parts. maybe start on the floor this weekend. If I get some good progress I’ll post some pics late sunday

crash55
    Participant

@crash55

front end is done except for the steering gear & wheel bearings.I could not get the play out of the steering gear you would think that they would make something that would last more than 45 years. I will post picswhen the drums & gear is on. also last week I visited a shop that makes fiberglass tops on a rumor that he has a soft top for a td. they didn’t but I noticed 2 bcw duchesses in the corner & they said the owner bought the 1st & last of those made I’ll have to stop again & see if I can talk to him. see ya soon

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

No such thing as a BCW Duchess.  😉

The Duchess was from Classic Roadsters Ltd in Fargo North Dakota.

The BCW is a different manufacturer.

PMOSSBERG2013-06-23 17:09:36

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

crash55
    Participant

@crash55

I not up on the different makes but in the course of the conversation both british couch works & duchess was mentioned so somebody there is mixed up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.