new guy

Home Forums Site Membership new guy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mike
    Participant

@mikeeva

hi all. i just bought a vw/mg kit car and found this forum. i dond have any paper work with it so how do you determine the maker (didnt find a serial#  or plate)and find what engine i have?
                                                       thanks
                                                            mike

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Welcome, Mike. Take some photos of what you have and I’ll bet someone here has one just like it. They’ll tell you what you got. Also, where to find the ID plates.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Yeah pictures will be easier to recognize. Is your TD front or reear engine (VW) ?

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Welcome a board Mike.

Tons of great people and even more great knowledge here!

Like they said, add some pics to this thread (click the tree icon above with the arrow, to upload or the tree icon without the arrow to link to a picture stored on-line).

We’ll help you figure out what you own!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Welcome Mike, Glad to have you on the forum.We would most likely be able to tell you exactly what you have from pictures but if that is not possible ,ask any questions you may have any way. Look in the members photo gallery ,click on the button at the top right of this page, and compare your car to the ones in the gallery .We already know what most of these are so if you see one that looks like your’s we would be able to identify it as well.Look for small differences in grille height and the pan connecting the fenders beneath the grille,gas tank [engine cover], and the area where the rear fenders connect to the running boards as these are some of the most obvious differences from one manufacturer to another.

mike
    Participant

@mikeeva

thanks guys my car does look like a fiberfab.im having trouble uploading photos. im sure its simple, i just dont get it yet.

mike
    Participant

@mikeeva

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Took me a few tries too.

In fact, as I look at this, the button you need is not here. It’s a tree with an arrow next to it pointing up. Hope to see it back soon.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.