No More Chrome Tin ..Went Powder Coat

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas No More Chrome Tin ..Went Powder Coat

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

Frank
    Participant

@frankied

Looks nice Bill… Will cool better than the Chrome stuff too.  

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Looks awesome Bill.

I thought I gave you some of those OEM VW “snap in the shroud” plug wire guides with the glass beaded shroud?

If you can, you should route the plug wires through them and move the coil back to the stock location too.

If not, you should plug all those little holes left in the shroud whether or not they are threaded.

Frankie is correct, it should cool even better now. 

Mike
    Participant

@mike-n-scarlett

Bill the powder coat looks great. I do admire the way your whole engine cover comes off so you can get to the workings. I have the same T handle catches on mine, but what are the catches on the back of the cover?

Mike

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

Hello Mike ..Welcome to TDREPLICA….Those catchs are Marine Hatch Holders and are made to be removed ..If you goto the Yahoo Groups site and search for MGTDKITCAR…Then goto Photos Click Members and then Bill Collins ..you will see the cover off the and on the ground and the other part of the “Catch” Also the old Chrome Tin that I removed..If you want a set of them ..You can Buy them at West Marine or any Marine Supply House

Oh and Mark ..No! no Plugs yet and you must of forgot to give me the Wire holders…I was going to send to CPL for a set…The Coil I sort of like it hidden behind the DogHouse

Bill Collins38628.9000810185

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘No More Chrome Tin ..Went Powder Coat’ is closed to new replies.