Nobody is going to believe this!

Home Forums General Discussion Nobody is going to believe this!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

There is a restaurant in Dallas,TX that uses a red MGTD as a salad bar.

Bill

The Magic Time Machine
    5003 Beltline Road.
    Dallas, TX 75254
    972-980-1903

The Magic Time Machine Restaurant first opened its doors in August of 1973, in San Antonio,
    Texas. Mr. Jim Hasslocher’s vision of fine food being served in an energized atmosphere by fun,
    not stuffy, servers became a reality. Our Addison, Tx. location opened a few years later in 1979.
    The public has been wowed nightly by our costumed characters and our ‘funky nostalgic’
    buildings, as well as our vast selection of hand-cut steaks, prime rib, and fresh seafood. We don’t
    forget the little ones either, with a wide choice of kid’s meals on a menu created just for them.
    Our dining rooms are like no place else, with no two seating areas alike. In San Antonio, you can
    sit at the Sweethearts Table, in The Attic, a Thatched Hut or even an old Refrigerator. The Tee-
    Pee, Lunchbox, a Dunce-cap and a Carousel (complete with horses) are popular areas in
    Addison. The one thing consistent in all locations is our salad bar, a shiny red 1952 MG-TD
    Roadster that has been modified to serve as a soup and salad bar. A trip to the car comes with
    every meal.
    The thing that sets The Magic Time Machine apart is our zany cast of characters who transport
    our guests into another point in time. Our servers dress in costumes representing popular pop
    culture icons from the past, present, and future. The entertainment comes from the humorous
    interaction with your server in a family friendly environment. Pirate or Princess? Hero or
    Villain? We have characters for every occasion and group. At The Magic Time Machine,
    ‘Laughing Aloud is Allowed’!

Bad Bill

Royal
    Participant

@royal

A real one with dealer optional wire knock-offs no less. 

Joel atkins
    Participant

@joe-atkind

Going to Dallas this summer in my 1952 tdr.I will check this place out.sounds fun.

Bob
    Participant

@lrh

Cool stuff. I would want to go see it in person too, and I’m a couple states closer, but driving this old car of mine that far would make me so nervous I don’t think I could enjoy it.

So I will just wish you a perfect drive instead!
    Found out you can look around inside that place thanks to google maps, so here’s the car location itself. Then you can move the view around. At least I hope this gets all of you there like it did for me.
    Joel atkins
    Participant

@joe-atkind

This summer I’ll see if they will allow me to videos the car .going to drive to western tenn.next week in my mgtd r

Bob
    Participant

@lrh

That sure would be a better way to see it, people actually there picking food off it. I think I would feel sorry for the car, confined to a building and not outside where it should be. Cry😀

Oh yeah, and just occured to me it has a Pope-mobile kind of thing going on. Glass (or plexiglass) top would be the ultimate convertible sunroof.

LRH2015-11-29 19:05:08

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Yeah, you’d be the ant under the magnifying glass.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.