Old Photo Gallery

Home Forums Site Site Input and Issues Old Photo Gallery

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

@frankied

Good News: I’m going to be able to move everyones old photo gallery over to the new forum.

Bad News: Until I figure out how to make them viewable to everyone else, they will only show up to the user who uploaded them unless you attach them to a post.

In other words, they will not be searchable or viewable as a photo gallery for everyone on the forums to view.

More Good News: You will see them in the list of files when you click on the attach image button in the forums so you can easly attach files to your posts.

More Bad news: Under the old software, a folder for each member was made using the username so knowing whos folder and pics are who’s is very easy but under the new software, each user is assigned a number (example I’m number 11) and upload folders are created by this rather than the username so sorting out what number = username is going to take some work and time.

Over the next several day’s I will work on getting things moved. To prioritize who pics get moved first, reply here so I know who the active users are ( there a lot of old member photo as well) and I will move and convert those to the new file format first and deal with old members photo’s later.  

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Frank,

These are the members who have been active yesterday and today, sorted by the number of total posts:

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

These members have been active since February 1:

Dan R

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

To that list I would also ask you to migrate PinkMG

Paul Mossberg

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Somehow Paul left me off the Feb 1 list.  Please add me. 

Thanks,

Roy
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Not so fast my friend!

“Royal” …  eighth one on the list in my first reply to Frank.

Apology (and cash) graciously accepted. Big smile

PMOSSBERG2012-02-17 14:20:40

Paul Mossberg

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Got me.  Sorry. 

Frank
    Participant

@frankied

I’ve got a two page list of users who logged in since april of 11 and I’ve downloaded all the users folders from the old forum.

I’m going to start renaming them to the new numbering scheme and will get some uploaded.
    I let everyone know when they get uploaded.
      Once all the files are moved and renamed, I will look into a script of software to get a gallery going again. We may need to manual add links in our sig lines since I don’t know that I can mod the new version of software without voiding the lic we just purchased. I will research it some more once I get things moved around. 
    ray10
    Participant

@ray10

Frank I don’t know if it just my computer or if it something I did ,but i don’t get the picture Icon for up-loading pictures either at the top  or at the bottom of the page?

TDREPLICA Map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7f9174ad614e43b680deba085b0abf48

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I’m not seeing the old tree-with-up-arrow icon either. Thought it was there a few days ago.

I’m using Camino on a newish Mac, if that matters.

Anyway, Frankie, thanks for the upgrade and the scut work that goes with it. And Paul, thanks to you too.

I am impressed by the length of the recent posters’ list. The group does feel a little larger than it did when I showed up in late 2009.

Frank
    Participant

@frankied

If you are using the quick reply at the bottom the the thread, it’s not there. You have to click on the reply option in another post and you will get the full menu above the box you type in.

The post image button now looks like this .  Click it and it will open a new window for posting a pic either from the web ( you need to know the url), from a list of pics you already uploaded, or you can upload a new image.

As I’m typing this, I’m uploading the everyones pics the had uploaded before. Estimated remaining time: about 1 day LOL.  It shouldn’t be too much longer and they will appear in the list box when you click that tree icon button.

I still have to work out something to browse those pic folders. Guess I need to brush up on some Java and get to coding.

Frank
    Participant

@frankied

FOLDERS ARE UPLOADED.

If you had upload pictures before the forum update, they should be in your uploaded image folder. Just click on the  icon and you should see a list of them. If you highligh it, it should show up in the preview box.

Please let me know if you have any issues view them.

AGAIN, there is no gallery to view eachother pictures unless the owner of the picture posts it in a thread. I’m going to work on that and will let everyone know what I come up with.

FrankieD2012-02-17 18:39:19

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Frank…

THANK YOU!

Paul Mossberg

Frank
    Participant

@frankied

Just to follow up, is anyone have any problems with getting the photo’s they’ve uploaded? I assume since I didn’t get any bashing or PM’s with hate mail most everyone is happy with the work I’ve accomplish thus far.

I still planning on working out some form of gallery that everyone can browse eachothers photos just been busy trying to get some security loopholes close so the SPAM BOTS keep their trash out but the photo gallery is on my to do list.
    ray10
    Participant

@ray10

Frank It looks good so far . thanks

TDREPLICA Map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7f9174ad614e43b680deba085b0abf48

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Frank -thanks for working on the Gallery ..having CRS   its nice to peruse the gallery of everyone’s Photo’s

-thanks

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Frankie,   I’m sure I speak for most of us when I say many thanks for your hard workThumbs Up

I’m also pretty sure we’re all going through a learning curve that will be worth it when everything settles down.  Change is always difficult at first. 

Again, many thanks!
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Old Photo Gallery’ is closed to new replies.