Parts interchangeability ?

Home Forums General Discussion Parts interchangeability ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bill Clemons
    Participant

@bclem

Are the cockpit dimensions the same between the VW models and the Pinto models of the Fiber Fab TD kits ? Specifically will the soft goods interchange ? Top, tonneau, carpets, seat covers etc ? TIA

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

With the exception of carpeting, yes. I drive a FordTD and had come across someone selling the soft trim package for a TDr cheap. (Builders garage had burnt down and these items were in his basement) Seat covers and tonneau fit fine. I did not receive a top so I can’t confirm. Carpeting for the back area behind the seat fit but the floor is radically different.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Bill Clemons
    Participant

@bclem

Thanks 🙂 I’m in a similar situation . Found a guy who bought an unbuilt Ford kit years ago and has decided to part it out . I’m rebuilding a VW car and need all the soft goods but wasn’t sure if his stuff would fit. We are on opposite sides of the country so I can’t test fit any of it. Great info, thanks again 🙂

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Caveat: this interchangeability is between Ford and VW of the same brand kit. So Fiberfab to Fiberfab, Dutchess to Dutchess and Allison to Allison. If you have a MiGi VW and buy a British Coach Works or other brand dashboard it won’t fit.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

If you haven’t moved on this, would you post a link? I would like to see what he would take for the carpet set.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Bob Hunger
    Participant

@bobhunger

Can anyone tell me where I can get either a carpet kit or side door panel/trim kit that would fit a British Coach Works  MG TD body?

Toller
    Participant

@toller

MgMagic does carry a carpet kit but in description it is designed for Classic and Fibrefab. I went to local marina that did custom carpet and vinyl work for boats to get them to make door panels and carpet for MiGi

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.