Recent Bad Weather

Home Forums General Discussion Recent Bad Weather

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

I hope all of our North Carolina and other States friends escaped the weekend’s horrible tornadic weather.

We were lucky here in NJ, just a lot of rain and wind.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

We here in middle Georgia just squeeked by. Macon’s north side had some damage but south of that, where I live, got lucky.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Thanks for caring. Here in Reidsville we had some minor damage,trees and limbs down and scattered power outages, but were very fortunate compared to other areas. NC ‘s damage was mostly south and east of here.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I second Mark’s well wishes for anyone who may have been in harm’s way this weekend.

I know. We may be spoiling NJ’s reputation for uncaring, heartless residents. But most of us really are good people!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Paul, you should have italicized the word most  Sometimes I wonder about that when I’m driving the rotten NJ roads.

Good to hear that our NC friends are all OK.

Pink MG40652.3955439815

Neil J Flaherty
    Participant

@profile57

To Larry Murphy, Mark Hendricson, Paul Mossberg

I have a BCW/front engine chevette powered TD rep.  I made an attempt to remove the BCW emblem from the grille shell.  I drilled a clearance hole through the fiberglass behind the emblem, thinking there would be a nut I could access there, but it doesn’t look like it.  Do you have to remove the entire grille shell?  Any help or suggestions?  Thanks for looking.  I thought all you fellows were BCW owners or former owners.  Thanks again.  Neil in NH

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

When I got my BCW from Mark the BCW emblem had already been removed before he had the grille shell rechromed. I atached it with trim adhesive when I assembled it. I have since replaced it with a MG emblem ,but there was a hole in the fiberglass behind emblem which is large enough to use a deep socket on an extension.

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Lots of hail the size of base balls… trashed my wife’s PT Cruiser convertible not the cloth top but most of the sheet metal the TD was under the carport nothing happened to it..  the roof on the house and carport is dented all over a Le baron conv. is no-longer worth fixing BUT KNOWONE was hurt,so I guess all is OK 

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Sorry for your trouble, Dan. Glad no one was injured & hope you can squeeze something from the insurance.

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Dan, Glad you folks were not hurt!! Hail of that size would have been disasterous to almost any thing it hit..I guess the TD is really special to be the one under the carport. Hope things work out good for you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.