Sad News

Home Forums General Discussion Sad News

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Even though my mom and dad are 82 and 88, I had convinced myself it would be years before I woudl be writing a note like this one.

My mom, Vivian, passed away in the early morning hours on January 3.

After emergency surgery on Sunday, her heart was simply not strong enough to pull her through. My sister Aggie, my dad and I were with her at the end. And she passed peacefully and in no pain. I guess one can’t ask for more than that.

A couple of you are in the NJ area and are long-time NJRC friends. Those that aren’t please bear with me for a moment.

Mom’s obituary and a guest book are online at http://www.oliveriefuneralhome.com/
    Click “Vivian Mossberg” in the left side bar.

Respecting my dad’s wishes, we are not having a wake.

Memorial services will be held:

Saturday January 14, 2011 at 1:00 p.m. at

Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church

20 Monterey Circle

Lakewood Township, NJ

Light refreshments to follow in the church fellowship hall

Saturday January 21, 2011 at 3:30 p.m. at

The Swedish Church in New York

5 East 48th Street

New York City, NY

Light refreshments to follow in the church fellowship hall

Thanks my friends.
    She was a terrific mom and a simply amazing grandmother to my daughter Lauren and my niece Anne.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Paul… You are in our prayers. Although we have never met other than the connection on this forum, I understand the loss you are experiencing. I went through that with the loss of my mom a few years ago. But the pain of losing her will go away and be replaced with warm memories. And she will never be very far away.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Paul, Very sad to hear the news. You and your family are in my  prayers and thoughts.

john

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

I’m sorry to hear this news, Paul.  You and your dad will be in my thoughts and I wish you well.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Paul, Sorry to hear.  I am praying for and with you and your family.

Mark Konrad
    Participant

@mark-k

Paul, Sorry to hear about your loss.   You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. 

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Paul, I’m sorry to hear of your mother’s passing. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I agree with what Allen said having gone thru the loss of my parents as well as my wife’s parents who were in many ways as close as my own. The memories become special treasures that nothing can take away.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Paul – I just saw this – I was sorry to hear brother –

After loosing my Dad,brother and my best and oldest

childhood friend in the last two years I can feel your

pain.

I have you in my prayers – give me a call or email if you

ever need to talk – it takes lots of time to heal, but you

never really get over loosing someone so close.

Dale dlschu42 at comcast.net

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Very sorry for your loss, Paul. Thank you for sharing the news with the group. We’re all here for you, even if we can’t always be physically present.

Marc Lipsius
    Participant

@mrlmd

Sorry about your Mom, you, and everyone else involved. Basically there is nothing we can say, except to tell you we are here for you.

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Paul, Sorry to hear about your Mom.  Lost my dad fews years ago, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Paul ,

We have never met but i know what its like to loose a parent my dad dyed 3 years ago after a long battle with parkison desiease.I think of him often.

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Paul ,I’m sorry for your loss I remember when my father passed I can feel your sorrow ………Dan

Richard Shear
    Participant

@gbidick

Paul, Sorry to hear about your Mom. My thought’s and prayer’s are with you.

Dick

Rick
    Participant

@rockyx

Paul,

Thank you for including us in this difficult time.  Please be assured you are in our prayers.

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

I’m sure this is terribly difficult to bear, Paul, coming so soon after the holidays. But as Allen noted, there will come a time when the pain will be replaced by the warmth and comfort of remembering happier days. My best to you and yours, and most especially to your dad.

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

Mike
    Participant

@mike-n-scarlett

Paul,

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your Mother. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers .

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

Paul

Please accept our sincere condolences on the loss of your Mother.  You and your family will be in our prayers.

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Paul thinking of you, Hope your doing okay. Mine passed at a young age so I never really got to know them well enough to miss them. I feel for you. and cherish the memories.

Dennis Brock
    Participant

@dbrock

Thinking about you.  Wish that you find peace.  Our prayers are with you.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Thank you all for your kind words, those you wrote here and those sent to me privately.

I’ve shared your prayers with my dad. He was touched that so many were praying for our family.

Mom was interred yesterday evening in a columbarium at my parent’s church.

Our memorial service is Saturday, Jan 14th. Going to be a long day tomorrow.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.