Tachometer and 1st post

Home Forums General Discussion Tachometer and 1st post

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cwaigo@gmail.com
    Participant

@craigo

Hi, first post, but I’ve been lurking for a while from Portland Oregon. I picked up a Duchess on a 71 pan, and thanks to all of you am getting close to finishing it. I have had great fortune here in finding all the answers to my many issues. Whether searching the posts or checking out all the pictures, you have pretty much done it all, at least once. One of my last wish list things is finding a matching tach. The gauges are Classic Instruments. The one I would like is in Ringos gallery as it was the only picture I could find of the tach I am looking for. (thanks Ringo) My speedo is in KPH not MPH kind of odd.I don’t have any pics yet to share but will post soon. Anyway would love to find a tach like this if any one has a line on one for sale. Again thank you all for the great site.

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Hi Craigo, Welcome to the forum.Glad you have been able to find answers here.

The Duchess is a great TD replica. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your’s.

I searched Classic Instruments on the net and found some close to Ringo’s but as old as these cars are ,it may be hard to find an exact match.You never know,some one just may have one that’s laying arround in a cabinet waiting to be used again.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Welcome to you and your Duchess Craig. As far as the Classis Instruments Tachometer goes, a company in Florida, MG Magic carries the instruments. The tach runs $119. Not sure if it’s what you need because they don’t show any photos or pictures of the gauges. You could give them a call at 954-680-2010. Hopefully they’ll have what you need.

And if you haven’t already, don’t forget to add your car in the TD registry.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Craig,

I have the same tach & expect to replace it this winter. You can see it in my gallery, third photo, I believe.

Mine reads to 7,000 rpm and matches the Kph one we both have (83 mph?)

The tach is working, though it seems to read high at idle–about 1300 rpm. I’m pretty sure I’m not idling that high.

The bezel needs a spot of polish too.

If you’re interested, pm me.

That said, the new gauge is available; Classic Instruments Classic White, as seen here at egauges.com. I’d go for the 6k read unless I was running something very revvy under the bonnet. The original TDs read to 6k also.

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Welcome to the group!

I tried to find matching volt gauge, marked “Dynamo” that I had seen in the past.  No luck.  I haven’t seen the British type labled guages for sale new, so MG magic may be your best bet.  At one time Sacramento Vintage Ford had the sets.  Their new catalog doesn’t show them anymore but it might be worth a call at 1-888-FORD-100 to see if they have any left over.

Thanks for the kind words, “The Duchess” had a good summer at local car shows with 3 first places in 3 shows!

Good luck with your search and be sure to post photos, we love photos!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.