This Lady is welcome in my MGTDr anytime

Home Forums General Discussion This Lady is welcome in my MGTDr anytime

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

I’d love to open the door for her.

Bill

Bad Bill

Dick
    Participant

@dickh

This did happen to me! Two years ago, I went to a cruise in. The lady marshaling the cars, a friend of mine, parked me next to a black Enzo Ferrari. Now that is one cool, not to mention expensive car. The owner obviously didn’t like being next to a kit car, so I parked as far away as I could. I joined the guys admiring the Enzo, but the owner was a total dufus, a dentist with a big check book. I doubt that he could find the oil filler cap. A lot of the wives, girl friends, significant others, etc., all bored silly, gathered around my TDr. I heard a lot of “What a cute little car.” About this time a professional photographer with a model in a mini skirt comes shashaying over to the TDr. Talk about legs! I introduced myself and offered the TDr as a prop for his model. She climbed in and, voila, a very similar shot. The photog said he would send me a copy.

Well, you can guess which car was now the center of attention and who really had his nose bent out of shape. Fast forward to the next cruise in. This time my friend parks me with all the Cobra replicas. I asked her if someone had complained. She said, “oh, yeah.”

I never did get that photo.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

This sort of thing happens a lot. 

At the nearby Saturday morning cars and coffee, Bridget gets at least as much attention as the gaggle of Ferraris that normally appear. First or second time I went, nice couple is spectating and the wife insisted I take her for a ride. 
    I did.
    KentT
    Participant

@kentt

How about this one? A bit late for that party…

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

I’ve attended many events with my car . I have been asked the following : Is this a Rolls Royce , How much did this cost? A hundred thousand probably. I always get a lot of questions . Once at a show this nicely dressed 40 year old woman started hanging around towards the end of the show and started talking how she liked to be there when they started there engines . Wasn’t long she told me her address and asked for a ride . My wife show up we hopped in the car and went home .

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

A few years back I drove the Lafer to our nearby Lowe’s for some plumbing parts. Came out to find two nice-looking women in their 40s admiring it. When they realized I was about to get in it, one said she was Brazilian and hadn’t seen a Lafer in years, then asked if I might be available for marriage. I waggled my wedding ring finger at her and smiled in reply. “Too bad,” she said. “I would’ve loved to get this car in the divorce.” 😐

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.