Who else drive their TDr today?

Home Forums General Discussion Who else drive their TDr today?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

46 degrees here in cloudy Maryland, so I could not resist pulling B out of the garage for a jaunt to Home Depot. 

Bought a toilet seat and two cutoff wheels. I know I should have snapped a picture.
    Wore the Snoopy hat for this one and a scarf with the leather pilot jacket. The heater helped keep the old knees warm.
    Still gotta adjust the dang shifter…getting 3rd is a chore. And she’s leaking oil on the driver’s side valve cover, which drips it on the catalytic converter. So that stinks. 
    Came home and put that on the punch list of things to do over the next two months.
    greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

And another toilet bites the dust.

Edward Davidson
    Participant

@mg-wanna-b

drove mine about 100 feet, 68 degrees and sunny, with a stiff wind, but had chores to do in the shop.

got to adjust the clutch a little, but, still have the brakes to do on my B, so, it has to wait.

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

yes yes  2 hrs of blissful  asphalt sailing   here on OKI 😎

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

It was 43 and cloudy here and I got as far as taking the cover off but the road is all covered with salt and I did not want that crud getting under the carriage without a way to get it out.  Thought about riding the motorcycle but in the end just didn’t get around to it.  So I put the cover back on and saved it for another day.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

Richard Shear
    Participant

@gbidick

upstate NY is looking at 8 to 12 inces of snow tonight and tomorrow. Allready have 20 on the ground. First drive around here will be in May? They should have swept the salt off the roads by then.gbidick2015-02-08 18:30:45

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Hey from California
    Eliza Jane is still getting new wires and fixins so shes up on blocks. Its just as well sunce today is a freezing 78 with a chance of clouds. We could even see a slight breeze before the afternoon is done. Even the girls on the sand had to wear shirts over their swim suits…Bummer!

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

With the warmer weather all I got around to was thinking about it. Way too much crap on the roads.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

It’s 81 degrees and sunny here in Houston.
    Just took Percy out for a spin through some twisty bits in the pine forest east of here, mainly to see how the fuel pump is doing (felt like it might’ve gotten clogged yesterday after I filled the tank, but seems to be fine now). In a few minutes I’ll get it out again for a dreaded trip to the dentist for a deep cleaning. That’ll probably mean I’ll be heading home at the start of the afternoon rush hour, but I know all the back roads so no worries. 

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Sometimes I get jealous of your Nov, Dec , Jan ,Feb ,March drivers but then I think I have something to look forward to . That first 60 degree day in April, top down air in my hair and music of the 60s . Just so everyone knows . Fri a high of 5 degrees , Sat 10 degrees, Sunday 10 degrees and then we will cool down to a high of 3 degree for Monday . I plan on snuggling with my wife of 45 years in front of the fireplace.

Think Spring

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Greg wins!

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

Greg wins in more ways than one.

On my way back from that excruciating deep-cleaning at the dentist’s, I got within two miles of home and stalled. No spark at all. Rolled to within a few feet of a fried-chicken place and, with the help of a kindly stranger, got the Lafer off the street and safely into the parking lot. It being rush hour, of course, the flatbed from Hagerty’s took an hour to reach me and another half-hour to load up and get to the garage, where the owner had stayed past his usual 6 o’clock closing time and had a place ready inside. I hope to get some not-too-bad news tomorrow, fingers crossed.

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

New coil, if you didn’t just slip a wire. Good luck.

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Everyone of us should be carrying a few on the road repair things feel free to had to my list . fuel filters , coil , belts , regular and metric wrenches , screw drivers ,cell phone and a road map to tell the tow truck exactly where your .

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

and AAA  

davearoy
    Participant

@davearoy

I also have extra fuses, a 12 VDC circuit tester, electrical tape, pliers, and a multi purpose screw driver. Another good idea is to have a foot of fuel line hose, and a flashlight just in case. Any other ideas??

Dave
    Lakeland,Florida where we drive Top Less every day

Dave
    Lakeland, Florida, where we drive Topless every day

Royal
    Participant

@royal

OK, I’ll play.
    I can’t believe you guys would go anywhere without a roll of duct tape!
    I also carry a small roll of bailing wire and an 8′ piece of #16 wire with an alligator clip on each end.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Oops, almost forgot, a pretty well stocked 1st aid kit, right next to my fire extinguisher.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

John Muir’s book, in the beginning section, gives three lists of MUST HAVES with a VW. That list is actually good for any vehicle IMHO.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Gee I’m lucky to remember my sun glasses. 

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

The circuit tester came in handy at the airfield in VA Beach.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

A flask to help cope with the breakdown

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Thats schwanky! And Im jelous. What a great accesory to go with that cool dash. A big thumbs up from California!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.