WOOHOO

Home Forums General Discussion WOOHOO

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Scott A Chynoweth
    Participant

@1oldbuzz

$219.50 and I am the proud owner of a road leagal Wisconsin,MGTD.

Passed the state saftey inspection.Good thing was I had more saftey features than what was required.Took longer fillingout all the paperwork than the inspection itself.

Thanks to all that had anything crossed,and had me in thier prayers.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Congrats, Buzz. We knew you’d make it!

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Hey , I still remember the feeling of relief when I got my BCW registered. Now you can ride !!! You’ve got a lot of summer left  so have fun.

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Good Luck Buzz, Keep the greasy side down

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Terrific news.

Welcome to the open road!

What is the car titled and registered as?

PMOSSBERG40343.5597453704

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

AWESOME!, It’s like a door has opened to the outside world. Congrats 
    Save some that dancin’ energy for hitting the roadways.

charlie
    Participant

@kschas

Thats great. Im stiil working towards that goal.

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Happy Motoring 

Dan

Scott A Chynoweth
    Participant

@1oldbuzz

After looking over the paperwork,I do believe it will be titled as a 1953 MG.Wether or not they ad the TD body type or brand as a replica/or kit,I won’t know for sure till the title comes back in the mail.

The breakdown of the 219.50 is,69.50 for title fee,and 150 for my second hobby plate,which is non expirering,like a collector plate.Unlimited milage only restriction is can not drive in January.But there is a 1 week permit you can get which will allow driving in Jan.

Now I was nervous as all **** before the inspection,exspecially after hearing from several people the inspector wasn’t the friendliest(they musta had some real junk)He was friendly,and after seeing the car,said “ya thats what I thought it was”A quick look over says you have more than I was required to have.He looked over the underside,asked a couple questions about the frame and tranny,checked the function of lights,wipers,horn,and called it done.

And again Thanks to all

Gene Jenkins
    Participant

@jenkinen

Why no driving in January?

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

During any January in Wisconsin you are only allowed to play hockey, ice skate, ice fish or put another log on the fire!

it is a good question though…why did they pick January old man?

Scott A Chynoweth
    Participant

@1oldbuzz

Sorry can’t give a good answer as to no driving in January.Although you can,you have to preapply for a permit at a cost of $5 for 5 days,or $30 for the whole month,buy the month permit you get a day free.

Now for me,where I am located I am usually more upset (kind description)about having to spend half the day removing SNOW from the drivway and sidewalks,thus interfering with my Ice Fishing plans,than taking out one my my toys.

Now for anyone that is following this,rather than a new post,made my first long haul today,185 miles.Only 2 incedents.1 tail gater the last 10 miles before home,and 1 wheel cover decided it was done,and flew off into the ditch about 4 miles from home.Good thing is it was on a side road,and was on the passenger side rear,so it did not hit an oncoming vehicle.I stopped went back,found it,and not a mark on it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.