Allow me to brag for a moment?

Home Forums General Discussion Allow me to brag for a moment?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

This has nothing to do with TDs or any other kit car…just a proud dad…

My daughter Lauren leading the New Providence High School Marching Band in competition at the Yamaha Cup at Met Life Stadium (home of my New York Giants)

Yes…I am VERY proud of this young lady!

OK, back to TD talk….   PMOSSBERG40833.376099537

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Congratulations to a proud father and a wonderful daughter.  Marching band rules!

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Excellent photos and I know your a proud dad. She’s doing great for herself as well. Only question is why are they called the NY Giants when they play in NJ? Shouldn’t they be the NJ Giants? I’m just sayin….

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Rick
    Participant

@rockyx

My buttons would be busting off my vest if I was you.  Nice work Dad

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Congrats to you, Paul, and to her too. Hope she’s having fun.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Ok Allen…do NOT get me started on the Giants name!

At least there is a long history that can be used to justify retaining the NY name. But I’m one of those that think the NY should be dropped.

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Congratulations Paul!!! This accomplishment deserves recognition. We all know you as a TD Replica person , now we know you as a father of a daughter who is making something good out of her life. Larry Murphy40833.4143634259

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

Congrats to you both! And, as the father of a former marching band daughter, it’s nice to know that we have something else in common besides being TD replica drivers. (No comment on football, though.)

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Your daughter and you have a lot to smile about  Dan

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Congratulations Paul!  and to Lauren!    My daughter was director of her HS dance team many years ago, so I know how your busting at the seams.    Guess there’s several of us ex band parents with TD’s

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Way to go!  It’s a precious thing to have such a daughter.  I know mine has given me so many reasons to be proud.  We are lucky guys!

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

Congrats Paul.. and say hi to lauren for me …I remember that little girl that

always came with her dad to the New Jersey Replica (NJRC) meetings..All

grown up and a beautiful women now ..Your allowed to brag all u want

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Thanks guys.

And especially to Bill C, who did know Lauren when she was just a new born!

Paul Mossberg

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

If you like marching band stuff, here is a link to the band’s performance at Met Life…

http://www.youtube.com/user/LiveinNP#p/u/6/7jW9UwAxx7g

Paul Mossberg

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Well, if you folks think I was bragging before….hold on to your hats.

Even if pride is one of the seven deadly sins, I am VERY proud of the New Providence High School Marching band and their drum major, Ms. Lauren Mossberg, who are now the USSBA Group VI-A New Jersey State Champions.

After…

• a week in which 3,800 homes in New Providence (out of 4,000) were without power,
    • a week in which schools were closed every day except Friday (which meant no band practice)….

…this group of 140 kids stepped up to the band plate and literally hit one out of the park. Five judges judge various aspects of the performance, including music, percussion, drill work, color guard, overall effect. The individual judge’s scores are worked together (via a rather complex formula) into a 100 point scale.

The Pride & Class of New Providence High School scored a 96.60, one of their highest scores ever.

Yup…I’m VERY proud!

Paul Mossberg

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Way to go NPHS! Remonds me of my drum and bugle corps days back in the 60s. Pittsfield Caviliers Mass. State champs for 3 years running.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Paul–and Lauren–awesome job! That is just extraordinary. Bravo!

Allen–another Drum & Bugle alum. I wonder if there is some mental/social affinity between drum corps/band geeks and replicar fanatics.

St. Peters Royalaires here, Bridgeport, CT, 1981-83. We were circuit champs in ’82 and placed in the DCI Class A corps finals. The corps was gone by ’84 though. Almost all of them were.

What the heck happened to ’em all?

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Paul & Lauren, I know your pride.   

Strangely enough none of my kids or grandchildren picked up on John Phillip but my granddaughter just (3 days ago) got a scholarship with Virginia Tech lacrosse. 

Ed’s query of “mental/social affinity” may have some merit.  Count me in the Drum & Bugle, Pep band, School band, Town band and College band 1955-1961.  Still play the organ.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.