Calendar Time

Home Forums General Discussion Calendar Time

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

Mark, I also had some trouble re-sizing.  In his post on the 19th of Oct, Ed invited us to send big photos directly to his personal email.  Send him a PM and he will provide his personal email address.  That is what I did.  Worked great, – problem solved. 

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

I sent Ed one sample shot.  It was too big for this forum, but I’d like to post some photos on here that are better quality than what my 2 meg old cell phone did.

The one I sent Ed was 7,200 K and the largest I can get on here is 500K, is that right?

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Here’s a very cropped version of what Mark sent–only way I could get the file under 500 mb was to crop it way in.

File under: BEAST

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

For PC users, Microsoft provides all you need to compress pictures.

In Microsoft Office Picture Manager:

Select Compress Picture from the options in the right hand sidebar.

Select “Documents” and click OK

Save to a new file so you don’t lose your original.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

This is my chevy V8 283 Cubic Inch matched to at least 283 hp, bored out to .060?, paired with a Chevy turbo 400 auto transmission and a Nissan 260 Z rear end.  Unfortunately, the weakest part in my mind is the front end, said to be from a 1982 Chevy Chevette.  What a mut!

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

draft

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Looks great Ed!

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Looks great. Publish it and put me down for one!

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

I’ll take one.  It looks terrific.  

Dennis Brock
    Participant

@dbrock

I’ll take one!

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Save one for me.

Mark Konrad
    Participant

@mark-k

Put me on the list, I’ll take one for sure.

Bob
    Participant

@currenttoy

Thanks for including me.  Put me down for 2

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Put me down for one too.  Looks great

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

here are a few shots I like as least as well as the ones in the calendar. if anyone thinks any of these ought to swap in for any in the first draft, please pipe up.

–Our Fearless Leader’s car. Necessarily a dated photo… I like the head-on look though.

ripped from the board. I like that half-finished look. All business.

Just a nice shot of Montie’s car.

Yet another shot of Bridget. I like this photo but think it will crop badly in the calendar format . . .

Roy, at rest. Great photo and a real alt candidate for Oct. or Nov., I think.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

I hope nobody gets mad at me, but I don’t think that the quality of July’s photo is up to par.  It is an interesting shot but looks as though it was taken with an old cell phone. 

Have you thought more about a collage on either the front or back?  (Hey Ed, just tell me to shut up, if you want, and I will.  I know that this is a lot of work.)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

No, Roy, you’re doing just what I want everyone to do. More thoughtful eyes on this is better. I don’t know very much about photography or
    anything else. Thanks for chiming in, and let’s see if anyone else has
    anything to say.

(I disagree on that particular pic though. I think it’s going to look very good 8.5 x 11.)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hey I remember “fearless leader’s” car!

Hope I get her back someday!

Paul Mossberg

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

I like the shot of the work in progress TD on the trailer. Represents those who are working/building their TDs. But which one to replace?????????????? Hard decision.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

The more I look at it the more I like the shot of Roy in his car with the scarf. I like it better than my October shot, which shows the hood of my car and the back of Dale Schumacher & his wife as they head into a tight turn.

I think that Oct. shot is much better in concept than in execution. We were never able to get a good, clear, well-zoomed photo at the apex. Roy’s pic, by contrast, is “right” both in conception and execution.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I like the over the hood shot.

I like Roy’s shot and his technical skill with the computer.

But I’ll always take the real-world shot over the shot “created” after the fact.

Roy, that’s definitely not a knock. Just my humble opinion.

Paul Mossberg

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Paul, No offense is taken.  But, the shot that Ed was talking about using is “real world” raw and unedited: no tricks, no photoshop, no nothing. 

The “2 wheeler” shot that Ed posted as a motivational poster was edited to blur the background and simulate motion and also to remove the floor jack.  The rear wheel was actually spinning because the car was in gear.  The front wheel was spun by my son before he exited stage left.  Turns out that the monofilament fishing line (for the scarf) could not be seen and did not require any touch-up.   Wrt whether to use any of my photos for the calendar, I will recuse myself since I may have a horse in the race.  No problems here.

Roy

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

The car on the trailer is the BCW I got from Mark [Pink MG]. It was taken just after Mark arrived at my house. That’s him at the rear of the trailer.I know he will never forget that day. About ten miles from the end of a 500 mile tow,his transmission blew. He only had first gear left when the picture was taken.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Duh. Sorry Roy! Too many photos to keep track of!

Paul Mossberg

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

OK, just finished the calendar and ordered. Put Roy’s just-pulled-up-with-scarf shot in as the October photo in place of the Pumpkin Run (over-hood) pic, which we’ll save for next year.

Here’s a link for “reorders” of this calendar. You should be able to go there and buy it with paypal or a credit card. It’s $25.90 shipped UPS, which I think is what it was last year.

http://bighugelabs.com/cart.php?msg=The+items+from+your+prev ious+order+have+been+added.

I’m going to poke around and make sure this link is right. If anyone tries it and has trouble let me know so i can work on a fix.

edsnova40882.8904513889

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.