Car Nut Man Cave

Home Forums General Discussion Car Nut Man Cave

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

For all you car nuts (me too!)

Check this out!:-)
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

It is, indeed, a subculture.

One with some pretty wealthy folks too.

Well done story.

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

More bucks than I will ever have, that’s for sure.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I happen to be blessed with a pretty enormous garage (the previous owner of my house was an unlicensed contractor; put a big addition on without pulling permits).

I see stuff like the vid above and feel deep shame that my own space is still a gigantic jumble of tools, spare parts, metal filings, sawdust, a boat, fiberglass and carpet in rolls, plastic sheeting.

I have a vision for it; I really do. But who the heck has the time to invest?

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

My dream…..is to have a large garage!! 

My garage was added in 1918 to fit a Model T coupe….exactly.:?

If you pull in, you can’t open the car doors. Wacko

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

There’s a place somewhat like this, but not quite so grand, about a mile and a half from our house. I keep meaning to check it out some Saturday, but other things get in the way. For now, there’s room in our two-and-a-half car garage for my wife’s Taurus and my Lafer. The old Ford Ranger has to live on the street out front.

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

James….that is why every car should be a convertible.

Pull in, climb out over the trunk. Problem solved. Big smile

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

I’ve got a 3 car, but currently only Audry will fit.  WAAAy too much fishing stuff, and other toys.  Anyone want to buy about 500 rods and reels and more tackle than Bass Pro shops.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Montie, For 16 years Julie and I owned a fly fishing oriented country inn and motel in Roscoe NY, a spit from one of NY’s most famous trout streams.  When we sold it, I had accumulated about 300 rods and reels etc. over the years.  I am still (10 years later) trying to get rid of many of them.  I found that I personally only used about 3 or 4 and the rest have to go.  Amazing how much “stuff” one accumulates.  Just the other day, I discovered that my garage floor is concrete and flat with no cracks.  Smile

My 2-1/2 car garage is just barely big enough for MiGi plus all my tools etc.  (I am an admitted pack rat.)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I’m trying to get back into fishing. I’ve got four rods and reels that all date from, let’s see…the newest one my grandmother got me for my 12th birthday. Seven-foot spinning rod. The reel on that is a Dam Quick 330N from the mid 1970s.

The oldest one my father had for maybe 20 years before he gave it to me when I was about 7. It’s a 5.5-foot glass spinning rod. He bought me a new Mitchell 300 reel for it when the old Daiwa broke circa 1974. I re-built the rod when I was about 11, and I used it just about every spring, summer and fall day from age 10 through about 16.

Pretty regularly after that too, until I got out of college and moved away.

The two boat rods came to me when I was about 10–birthday presents from various uncles the same year. I re-did those in the early 1990s. The big Penn reels on them abide.

Aside from the handle of the Mitchell disintegrating in about 1982 (I had to just about bathe myself in Deep Woods Off to fish where I liked; the chemicals therein melted the handle, which I replaced), nothing’s ever broken on any of these.

I’ve always wondered why fishermen buy new rods and reels….

edsnova2012-04-27 21:00:46

Richard Shear
    Participant

@gbidick

I have a 2 car garage, but I am a real neat freak. I lose 2 feet on one side

of the garage for my shelving unit’s, but I can park my London Roadster, Honda CRV

and Honda Civic Hybrid in the garage. All facing forward.
    newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

I got ya beat….I’ve got a grassy back yard!  LOL

Wish I had a garage. Even a car port would be helpful and the car port is in the planning stages.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.