Club Grill Badges

Home Forums General Discussion Club Grill Badges

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Frankie has provided Bill Collins a source for badges, http://www.arniebrown.com They’ll make a really nice cloisonne badge for us based on the logo Bill Collins posted to the site in the photo gallery.

We may need to have a poll posted to see exactly what the final design may be, but at any rate, to buy the minimum of 25 badges, they’d cost $20.75 each plus S&H.

Bill is willing to put up the $$ to get the first order, we just need to be sure we’d sell enough for him to re-coup his $$. So maybe after we decide on the final logo, we could have a second poll to determine how many of us want to buy badges.

We’ll start as soon as we see the interest level here on this thread.

Bill Hursh
    Participant

@bill-hursh

Hi Mark,

I will take a badge. I will send the $ in advance if that helps. I suggest you collect every ones money up front. Let me know final cost with s&h and Ill send it out.

Thanks,

Bill Hursh

Wolcott NY

Michael Pullen
    Participant

@merlin

Count me in for one, whatever the design ends up.

Michael the merlin guy.

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

I am ready to order the Badges and I am told that the it would take six to eight weeks for completion and shipped…Only thing to have all agree on is the letters “USA”or would “WorldWide Members” be better as we have a few members in other countries..And Colors…I was thinking of RED  around the edge a YELLOW background behind the Car and a GREEN car and BLACK Lettering…Badges come with a stud and nut to attach to the car grill

AND most important who really wants one …Being I’m the Elected chairmen (By Frank) well actully I volunteered….I figure I,’m laying out the front money and will be responsible for the balance  some 4-5 hundred.First order of minimum 25 badges .Everyone that wants a Badge send me via Paypal a ten dollar deposit and the rest when the Badges are received..I will ship them out by Priorty Mail…so it’s $10 to order one and $15 shipped…total $25.00 per Badge…If there is any money left over ..Either be refunded or sent to Frank to help pay for the website…Ok Guys the ball is in your court…My Paypal address is my Email address  wcoll8374@aol.com

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

I hate to be a spoil sport or stick in the mud, but I’m thinking that to reproduce the car in cloisonne on our badge would be too hard. It would never be as detailed as the drawing. So here goes my idea:

A “sprocket” edged badge like the current drawing in chrome or polished is the background.

TDReplica.com” in black letters in the current position (9 to 3 o’clock) with “Worldwide” or “USA” centered at 6 o’clock in black letters both on the chrome or polished back ground. Is the WORLDWIDE” or “USA” is something we need to have a pole on?

In the center Octogon, a white background and the letters “MGTD” or “TD” in RED.

I am only suggesting this because I don’t think the car will be able to reproduce well in cloisonne. If we stick to just lettering, the badges will look nice and no one will have to look at a mutant car in the middle of the badge.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Good comments Mark.

When we first stared this badge thing, I beleive Frank posted a picture (on the old yahoo site) that worked off the traditional MG octagon.

If I recall it correctly, I think it would be far easier to reproduce in enamel or cloisonne.

Frank, am I dreaming? If not, can you find that art work and post it again?

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Michael Pullen
    Participant

@merlin

Hey, what’s wrong with “mutant” cars.  I’ve been toiling for years to mutate mine, and I’m stioll not done!

Michael, Merlin’s Frankenstein.

By the way, dash is ancient history, clay mock-up for mold for raked back grill/front end is complete, ready to make the mold and start laying up fiberglass. Thinking seriously about “going pro” with this stuff.

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

I thought this was like “cast in stone”…Now here we are back to square one starting all over ..Had a feeling a few monkey wrenchs were out there…But one thing I do agree on is TD Replica Dot Com..instead of the word Club

Frank
    Participant

@frankied

Paul is correct.. I had made some designs using powerpoint. they were rather simple. I was clearing some of the clutter from the server and deleted them just two days ago

Hopefully, I still have a copy on my other computer. I’ll try and look for them tonight. If not, all is not lost…. I can put a few more together over the next week or so…. I keep you all posted?

I hope everyone is still on board with the badges? I know I stared this a while ago and originally got a great response? I posted a link to this thread on our homepage so everyone visiting the site will know what we are working on and can get their order in?..

Once the order is done and we can get some pics of the actual badge.. I?ll make a page on tdreplic.com with a link to order so anyone visiting can order their own badge?

Michael….

Nothing wrong with “mutant” cars… that has to be one of the best things about kit cars and VW’s… the variety and individualness (is that a word?) of each car… Can’t wait to see some more of you work… heck, I’d give you your own page just to document the progress… think we can all learn and admire you creativeness and diligence..

Frank
    Participant

@frankied

Ok… found some of my old badge ideas

Most still have the car in them but we can edit that and put something in it’s place if we think it’s going to be a problem…

Here they are…

VicS
    Participant

@vics

I vote for the second one. The green oval with the red car. It shows up the best. Have money in my payPal acct and ready to order. Vic

VicS
    Participant

@vics

Forgot to mention something. There should be a loop affair that attached to the back of the badge, so that it can be mounted onto the badge bar on the fron of our cars. Thanks, Vic

kermit
    Participant

@kermit

I also like the second one.  How would we mount it if we don’t have the badge bar?  How do i get a badge without going through paypal?  I don’t want anything to do with that.

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

TWO DAYS LATE ON ON THAT …FRANK YOU HAD GIVEN ME THE HEADS -UP ON THE DESIGN ..A FEW REVISIONS WERE ASKED FOR RECEIVED SOME E-MAILS WIT SUGGESTED COLORS AND WORDING….TOOK IT ALL IN TO ACCOUNT I THOUGHT HAD YOUR BLESSING TO GET THIS PROJECT OFF THE DESK. I CONTACTED aRNIE BROWN WI SPOKE AT LENGTH ON THE PHONE .HE SENT ME A PANTONNE COLOR CHART TO PICK THE COLORS ETC I SENT HIM THE MONEY FOR THE STARTUP SAMPLE VIA PAYPAL..NOW I’M HOPING I DON’T HACE TO EAT BADGES FOR LUNCH FOR AWHILE..I ONLY DESION WAS IF A TAB ON THE BOTTOM OR TWO SCREW POST ON THE BACK…PICTURE IS BELOW WITH THE CHANGES. LITTLE LATE TO STOP THIS ORDER..COUPLE OF MEMBERS HAVE E-MAIL FOR MY ADDRESS TO SEND THE DP.WHICH IS      WILLIAM J. COLLINS,72 PROSPECT TERRACE,EAST RUTHERFORD,N.J.,07073-1409

Frank
    Participant

@frankied

Love the design Bill 

That works for me?.

I was just following the post by PinkMG about the car not coming out as well as we hope?.I thought you were on board with it?.

If you have ordered the sample?. Run with it??.

You have full control of this project and I trust you judgment 100%…. What ever decision you make will be good, I?m sure of that and that is why I let you take the project??

I?m sure everyone else will agree with me (well almost everyone) when I say the design you have there is great and I would proudly sport it on my grill?..

What?s next?Tee Shirts and hats??????  

Who wants that project???????

FrankieD

Michael Pullen
    Participant

@merlin

Bill,

I’ll send a deposit to the street address. $10.00? Cashiers check or money order ok?  I happen to like the new design best anyway.  Don’t worry about any criticisms; there’s no way you”re ever going to get 100% agreement on something as subjective as this no matter what you do.  In the end, most of us who want a badge will buy whatever is available and be happy to have it. And those who don’t can always fall back on the that oft quoted line from the film biography of  Ponco Villa; “Badges? Badges! I don’t have to show YOU no stinking BADGES!”

Michael

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Bill the design looks great. Go for it…I’m in for at least two badges.

We need to get some NJRC’ers to buy some too. We still have 8 TD’s. 

We all appreciate your hard work and enthusiasm. I’ll proudly mount that badge on the Pink MG.

TDRA (neat new acronym..Tid-rah…it’s military thing)

How about some boxers? bikinis? thongs? On second thought…hats & T shirts sound great

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

Mark ..Hopefully I’ll have the sample by the next NJRC Meeting…Say you want two,I want two and Frank wants One I know ..thats five already frome the order of 25 ..Well if the orders do come mayby have to up to 50 or so ..Larger orders get lower price …talking Tee Shirts …in the 60s-70s when I travel with Amusements of America .I had a Tee Shirt concession..Also a Photo-Button joint (Still have the Button Making Machine)…How about some of those little Hula Girls with a TD tank-Top for the Dash..You know the ones that wiggle when you hit bumps in the road…You know I also joined the PT Cruiser owners Club and I find that there are five members right here in East Rutherford..Well thats another club ..I here a good word for fort Monmouth from a politician…hes fighting to keep it open..See ya a NJRC in July……BC

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

Thank You too Robert Stanley ..He gets the First Badge as hes all Paid up and started the List of “Badge Orders”…Still one decision to be made ..Do we want Tab on the bottom or Screws on the Back.. The ones on my Badge bar are Tab and are attached with two “P” Clips..Being as MGTDs have a Badge Bar I feel the Tab is the way to go..Some thoughts on this or I’ll tell the MANF. Tabs..See pic below ..Tab Type on the left..Screw post on the right

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Yes Bill, I agree, the tab style for the badge bar is the way to go.

Frank
    Participant

@frankied

Can we order some of each?  Having an option would be nice…..

Perhaps we can push the pre sales…. get most of the $ together and up the order… I will put up a page to sell the badges on tdreplica.com… all payment going to Bill of course….  We are getting 80-100 visits per day… surely we can sell a few badges…..

Just my .02 worth

VicS
    Participant

@vics

The pictures that are supposed to be with some of the postings do not show up. Where can I see what the badge will look like? I can pay by check, money order or PayPal. When can I get my badge?

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

Seems the other Picture of the Badge Design got lost in the Twilight Zone..heres another this is what was submited to the Manufactuer..When I receive the prototype sample I’ll post a Picture of it..will be in several colors ..Probaly a couple more weeks…So far I only received payment from one person And in full by the way..guess everyone is waiting to see the actual badge before committing an order…see below the drawing again….Bill Collins

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Bill,

I will take one as well- I enjoyed meeting you at the Carlisle car show- but I don’t use Paypal. Can I mail you a M/O? Please let me know. Thanks, Dale

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

Well the Sample Badge is in…Needs two changes I feel..The Car was to be Green and Chrome headlights, Bumper, Grill  Etc. Somehow it got transpossed to a chrome car and green details . And the sample badge has Screw back attachments .This will be changed to Tab Bottom so we can attach to a Badge Bar..Spoke with the Maker and he is making these changes to the Order. I sent in the Deposit so it’s all a go..The few that sent me advance payments ..Thank You It has helped to cover the Deposit of several Hundred  $$$………………..Below is Picture of the Sample I received in the Mail ..

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.