Firebird (rear) Seat

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars My Project Firebird (rear) Seat

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steven Burk
    Participant

@burkslaw

I’m finally getting back to work on Kathy’s Fibrefab TD. Over the Christmas break I fabbed a new steering column, using an EMPI 6″ bushing attached to a shortened VW column, incorporating the VW collapsible section. Also went to the local junkyard and scored a rear seat from a ’95 Firebird in excellent condition. Cut the back down 3 inches, and it looks like it will fit quite well. I need to shave another 2 inches off it tonight.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Are your seat bottoms from the 95 Firebird as well? The look pretty comfy.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Looks great.

Steven Burk
    Participant

@burkslaw

Yes; the seat bottoms are from the Firebird. Camaros also had the 2 piece bottom cushions. Rear seats don’t see much wear, and I will not even have to re-upholster these. I just hog-ringed the material back together after splitting it at the bottom. LKQ (local junkyard) charged me $50. Great deal. They will allow me enough room to get in and out (I’m 5’11 and 290), and I’ll have an upholstery shop make up a booster pad for my wife, who is only 5’3.

mike
    Participant

@mikeeva

i also have camaro/firebird back seat in the works and got the seat harness and associated hardware as well. are you going to use the shoulder harness ? it appears you can reverse the brackets on the top corners where they bolt in and  have a tidy setup assuming a suitable anchor can be found for the reel. have you found a suitable way to mount the bottoms? maybe some pics if you have.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.