Geoff’s 53 Classic Carriages TD

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas Geoff’s 53 Classic Carriages TD

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

Hi Bill,

MY 53 TD, Yeah that was a cool vanity plate. Unfortunately, by the time I started driving that car my father did not want to pay for the plates anymore and I was in college so I just got regular state issue plates. So as far I know, the # should be up for grabs unless maybe they hold it for a time or if someone else already took it.

Actually while writing this message I checked the NYS DMV and it is available. So go for it. Hope you enjoy it!

Geoff

Bill Hursh
    Participant

@bill-hursh

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the plate info. I will see if I can get it. Do you have your car home yet? You will have plenty of sunny days to enjoy it there, not like our chilly NY weather.

Thanks again! Bill

Bill Hursh
    Participant

@bill-hursh

Geoff,

Well it was a great plate #. Unfortunatly it’s been taken. So I will have to be creative and find a plate # on my own. I hope they enjoy it.

Thanks again, Bill

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Hey Geoff!

Looks like sombody’s trying to sell your car!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___red-mgtd-kit-ca r_W0QQitemZ160316998044QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQ cmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item160316998044&_t rksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A13 18

This guy is clueless. 4 Cyl Automatic what? No Engine info, only two (poor) photos and he’s asking a min of 10K! Ebay actually advises you that if you are selling a vehicle the typical number of photos is 12.

Just thought you’d get a kick out of it. 17 degrees in Dunstable, MA today, doing my taxes, daydreaming of back road rides in the MG on a July summer morning…this is a nice diversion.

Rich

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

It also says it has spoked wheels and it has fake wire “baskets” and that it has a “leather interios”…I’ll bet it’s vinyl. None of the TD replica kit manufacturers ever offered leather.

It looks like it’s a front engine kit and based on the hood hinges being on the left and the spare being directly attached to the rear “gas tank”, it’s probably a CMC/FiberFab Pinto or Chevette based kit.

He must be insane asking the bidding to start at $10,500!!!!

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Mark,

Yeah, this guy is a piece of work. I sent him several questions and a few comments re: Leather Interior, Wire Wheels, What the heck is under the hood. He could be trying to pull something over on potential buyers, but as I always say “Never attribute to Malice, that which can be explained by Stupidity”

Rich

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

I think that since there are no up close pictures, no details other than “wood steering wheel” etc. this guy probably has no idea what he is talking about. He probably bought it from someone to try to re-sell for a quick buck. Sucks for him though, he’ll never get 10.5K for it.

But I like the color!

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Geoff/Mark,

I just received this Email message from the seller:

Dear richbelfay64dl,

I will get the information and send that of to you. this is the first
    time I have ever put anything on ebay so lack of information is not itentional.

– fischer5587

I stand by my quote from the previous post. It’s not his fault. It’s not “itentional”

Rich
    Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Hey Geoff!

Didja get that car delivered to Phoenix yet??

Rich

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

Hey Rich!

Between the terrible economy, and a $1900 mortgage it has been difficult getting the extra money to ship it. It drives me crazy! I think about the car every day. Tax money is coming soon or worst case scenario I may drive it here myself. I fly for free (work for a major airline) so why not?

Either way, I vow to have it here in PHX by June.

How is your progress? did you get her registered yet?

Talk to you soon,

GEOFF

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Geoff,

That’ll be one heck of a trip from NY to AZ.

Mine is not registered yet, but the weather is nice today so I’m throwing plates on it and going for a ride!

Rich

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

Awesome! Congrats!! That is very exciting, hope all goes well. Breath in the exaust laced air, peel some rubber, and enjoy all the envious stares from everyone you pass!

Oh yeah and as far as the trip to AZ; I’ve done it twice already, takes about 3 days. Might be pretty fun in the MG I just have to wait for warm weather. I don’t really want to put all those miles on the car though.

-Geoffgeoff10439880.6045601852

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Geoff,

I went about 25 miles, top down. A little chilly still, around 50 degrees. It was kind of nice to have a working heater. The car perfomed perfect. Lots of power, smooth shifting, nice ride, frost heaves and all. I have to say that the V6 is plenty powerful for this car. I can leave it in third or fourth and just step on it even at the lower speeds and it just goes. Nice!

I got plenty of stares, smiles and beeps. It does attract attention. More fun to come as the weather gets better here in the North East.

Rich

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Congratulations on the first drive Rich! Many more to come!

My first test drive in my Duchess was November 1982. I had it all done except for the interior…but just couldn’t wait any longer. I put a plastic milk crate on the floor and drive it around my condo complex.

Satisfied that it actually worked…I finished it up, then drove it for real for the first time in December 1982. It snowed! Not alot, but the car did get christened with a dusting of white stuff!

27 years later, she’s still running strong.

PMOSSBERG39881.3825810185

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Neil J Flaherty
    Participant

@profile57

Geoff

Do you have nay info on the steering wheel in your car?  Be interested, if you could help.  I have a British Coach works TD, and would like to change the steering wheel.  Thanks Neil Flaherty

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Neil,

If your car is Chevette based, the steering wheel adapter is a standard GM unit. Grant Steering wheels offer a myriad of designs

http://www.grantproducts.com

I used a Grant wheel and billet adapter on my Chevette based BCW TD. It’s similar to Geoff’s. You can order their products via Summit or Jegs as well as locally from your area Speed Shop.

Neil J Flaherty
    Participant

@profile57

Geoff

Thought I sent a message earlier, but guess it didn’t get through…

Was curious as to what the manufacturer on your steering wheel was, and or where one might be purchased.

Neil Flaherty, Gilford, NH,  BCW TD Replica    Thanks

Neil J Flaherty
    Participant

@profile57

Paul

Thanks for the reply on the steering wheel.  I guess I hadn’t scrolled down far enought to see it.  Sorry for the confusion.   Neil

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

Ok Everybody,

Today was the day. I just finished doing cartweels, jumping up and down, thanking God, and have a grin from ear to ear.

I placed the shipping order to have my car sent to me today and expect it in 10 days or so. $840 from Williamsville, NY to Mesa, AZ (exactly2,222.33 miles). Not a bad deal. I’m so freeking excited I had to share the news with somebody!!!

Fun in the AZ sun!!!!

Geoff geoff10439927.7670023148

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Hi Geoff, Glad to hear you are getting your car home soon . It’s been in the 80’s here today and I’ve been riding arround with the top down watching heads turn as I go by. It makes a grandpa feel like a 16 year old boy. I saw a red Ford engine car last Sat.and talked to the owner Wed.He seemed like a real nice guy and he sure does have a nice car. Count the days off and let us hear all about your first ride.

Larry M.

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

Thanks Larry! Will do-

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Geoff,

This is probably going to feel like a really LOOOOOONG 10 days. Hang in there, you’ll have plenty of time for riding.

Enjoy!

Rich

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Are we there yet??? 

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

“Patience, n.  A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.”

Ambrose Bierce, The Devil’s Dictionary

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

LOL! Thats funny, all of your comments are true. I definitely feel dispair, and time is moving at a snails pace. But soon I’ll be polishing, tuning, and smiling!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.