Geoff’s 53 Classic Carriages TD

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas Geoff’s 53 Classic Carriages TD

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

In addition to my Duchess, I have a 65 Plymouth Satellite convertible.

I bought it in Santa Monica CA. I live in New Providence NJ. Had it shipped.

I no longer fear death because now I know what eternity feels like. 🙂

Hang on; your car will come.

PMOSSBERG39930.9867013889

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

Update:

The car, (I’m Naming her Stella after my late Grandmother); Stella was picked up at 7pm EST. It’s been about 3 hours, or 180 miles closer as we speak. Only 2,042 miles left! Should be here Monday!! It’ll be a long week-end for me, and an even longer day at work on Monday, PHEW!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

This too shall pass! Don’t think about it as a long weekend. Think about each day as one day closer!

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

Amen Paul! This too shall pass!

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Geoff,

Get yourself a map and a bunch of colored pins and mark the progress across the country as Stella makes her way to Phoenix. That’ll help keep your mind occupied

Rich

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

So My dad sent me some pic’s of Stella’s pick-up in Buffalo. She Has about 4 years of dust on her and the chrome has a layer of wd40 for rust protection. But overall she looks good for being a “garage car” for the past few years. When I visited last October I replaced the battery, plugs, and gas. Apparently the tow truck driver started her right up! Good sign!2 more days! More pics to come upon arrival

Geoff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9127477@N05/sets/72157617801629 417/

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

Sorry, that last link didn’t work. I shrunk the pictures so I could upload them……..here ya go

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

YEAH YEAH YEAH, She’s on the way, can’t wait for Monday, that’s the DAY.

Sorry, couldn’t resist doing that

This will be the longest weekend ever, be sure to have pics for the arrival. Thanks for posting these, she looks so awesome and ready for her ride to ya. Don’t pace in the same area….it’s bad for your lawn, go next door .

James

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

Geoff:

she looks great, now just be patient and she will arrive soon. 

It probably feels the same way you do prior to the arrival of a child.

You’ll be cruising in her before you know it.  Trust me I’m 5 weeks away from seeing mine again.

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

That’s a good tune James. I’ve been whistling it all day! And just 24 hrs to go (not that I’m counting)

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

It’s MONDAY!!

I’m pacing down in Memphis!

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

All,

Stella finally arrived yesterday at about 3pm. I spent about 8 hrs cleaning, polishing and such then reluctantly went to bed. I had to step down from my cloud and go to work today, but you can bet I’ll be back with her by 6 tonight.

She appears to be leaking oil from the oil filter(never leaked before) So I will change the oil promptly.

I also still need to address the reverse problem.And make some carb adjustments. The idle is real rough, and it probably still has some old gas in it. So I’m gonna ad some carb treatment and fill the tank with new high octane to try to clean it out.

I will try to upload some pics tonight, but my camera is 10mp, and makes files to large to upload. I’ll try to post a link.

Lovin’ Life!

Geoff

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Congratulations! Enjoy the ride!

Paul Mossberg

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

Goeff:

Fantastic, sounds like she did pretty well on her transcontinental trip.  When I fly across country I have more problems than the car does.

Mel

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

SWEET! . Can you set up a cot next to her?

James

BTW, Did they put on the side curtain on the driver’s side before hitting the road? In the pics it was off, hopefully to just get it on the trailer.

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Geoff,

Wow! That is terriffic! Don’t worry about the oil leaks, shifting and rough running issues. That just makes it more fun and enhances the Guy/Car “Bonding” experience. Just ask James, he’s about as Bonded to his car as is humanly possible!

Really glad she made it there. Enjoy!!!!!

Rich

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

James,

My Dad had the driver zip up the window. Nice catch!

Geoff

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Geoff,

All weekend I kept thinking and worrying over that side curtain. In my mind I knew your dad would not let her travel without it, and then I kept thinking about Marlon Brando and Stella (link above).

I have indeed bonded with my car (James Bond here) more than when I restored her. Now I am a surgeon with the patient all over the driveway.

Go hug your baby! , We are so glad she’s home now. One countdown over, now Mel’s countdown still running.

James

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

If anyone has to ship a car…the truckers really do take good care of them, even on an open car carrier. They have a lot to lose reputation-wise if they start messing up.

And the even better news for us is that convertibles will almost always go on the top rack. They don’t want anything leaking down on the fabric. Something that would dirty a paint job might destroy a convertible top.

Paul Mossberg

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

WOW, thanks for sharing. Great pics, great automobile. Looks like new

James

Geoffrey
    Participant

@geoff104

Hopefully that link works for you guys.

I changed the oil today, new gas, carb & choke cleaner in the throttle body (A little flame came out and my wife yelled at me 🙂 Fuel treatment etc….

The old oil was BLACK and smelled like gas! On top of that I left the radio on last night so dead battery(jeesh!) I ran it for a while but not long enough for a good charge I guess, after I changed the oil I went to start it …and nothing. It’s too late to jump it and start it up now, my neighbors will surely kill me.

Next I have to find the perfect adjustments on the carb, being as wet behind the ears as I am I’m sure it will take a lot of trial and error. But I definitely look forward to the challenge.

Thanks to everyone for being as excited as me for her arrival! Mel you’re next! Just hang in there, you’ll be reunited soon.

Geoff

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Geoff,

Pictures look great! Here’s some carguy advice. If you leave the radio on and the battery dies, DON’T just charge the battery with one of those new fangled battery chargers. Get in the car and drive it about 60 miles at a moderate speed. Accomplishes the same thing and it’s a lot more fun!

Rich

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

Geoff:

She looks and great and from you report it sounds like she will be “tons of fun”

we leave for Florida in one month, the anticipation is incredible.

Mel

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.