My NEW Ride

Home Forums Picture Gallery Other Kit Cars My NEW Ride

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Ed – This is another instance of “your mileage may vary,” or in this case, your steering column may vary.

Most kit manufacturers supplied a column extension. The back end is flanged to bolt directly to the VW column. The front end has a compatible mount for the VW steering coupler at the steering box.

The CMC extension used a coupler at both ends.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Good to know.

Get the stock type rubber ones. The urethane cracks and fails, we are told.

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

Good to know. Get the stock type rubber ones. The urethane cracks and fails, we are told.

I took the part number off the current steering coupler and was able to find it on JBugs, along with a shift rod bushing, and shift rod coupler. All  ordered and heading my way. Hope to have it by the end of the week.

There are some very helpful YouTube vids on how to change them.

Not too difficult, if you don’t mind getting greasey!

Amor Conquista Todo

Rich Kallenberger
    Participant

@kall

<i>”There are some very helpful YouTube vids on how to change them.</i>

<i>Not too difficult, if you don’t mind getting greasey!”</i>

That attitude will come in very handy if you need to replace the shift rod or torsion bars.

Are we having fun yet?  🙂  😛  😉  😀

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

Saturday was SUCH a nice day, I took the Bugatti for a short cruise and drove past  nearby Reindeer ranch. The owners were super people who insisted I let them take pics (twist my arm!). I told them I had another car and after Bug pics, I dashed home and returned with the LR. Everyone was thrilled by both.

(a BIG THANK YOU to Ed for the pic upload instructions! 😀 )

Amor Conquista Todo

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

The Bugatti looks really great too! I like the numbers. Do people ask you if that’s the year of manufacture?

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

It looks like I missed ANOTHER time! I HATE it when I “jump the gun!” 😡

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/bugatti/type-51/1928296.html#&gid=1&pid=16

Like the guy says in the commercial,”WOW I could’ve had a V8!” And I was short only $1,400,000 and it could have been MINE! 😆

Amor Conquista Todo

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

That’s exactly the car I was going to buy before I bought The Penny Marie…The Bugatti was at a classic car dealership and it wouldn’t start. I told the owner to get it running and I’d be back to test drive and buy. The next week when I returned she was gone. someone came in on the weekend and she started right up. I later found it was a relay that needed to be installed to boost the power from the battery to the starter. Well, I swore That would never happen again so When The Penny Marie arrived on his lot, I bought her immediately and have never had any regrets. I would love to have a Bugatti to add to my collection one day…They sure look amazing!!!

I love the rims on the Bugatti! Who makes them…I’m thinking they may look good on The Penny Marie…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey man, it is really looking amazing and congrats  for that.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.