Refresh "Sammy" Black BCW

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars My Project Refresh "Sammy" Black BCW

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

No posts for all of 2019 – I must have been too busy to spend much time on Sammy.  So I did just make a change that I would like to share since it is a big improvement.  I installed a larger speedo and tach.

new-gauges-small

1986 British Coach Works Type 52 (Sammy)
    Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

For comparison, here is an old dash picture.

Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

They Look Great!

Good Job!!!

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Very Nice!

Toller
    Participant

@toller

The classic black script on white face looks like something from way back when. Tried zooming in but can not see a manufacturer mark on the face What make are they? Is the speedo a GPS model or is it a mechanical one? Unfortunate that there is not enough real estate on the dash to fit the two additional gauges you hung below the dash but understand the need for additional monitoring of performance. When I replaced my dash i opted to exclude the panel instrument cluster panel so as to accommodate oil pressure, oil temp and ammeter gauges. May still make a replica of the panel in the future but it will have to be larger than original

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

Instruments are by Classic Instruments, Classic White series.  Speedo is electronic as is tach.  Speedo can be adjusted for most any signal from the trans and tach can be set based on ignition type and number of cylinders.  But they were not cheap.  Decided to splurge since I sold my other MGTD.

Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

By the way, my old speedo, tach, fuel, and temp gauges are available.  They are also Classic Instruments, but are the Vintage series.

Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Dale Schumacher has been looking for a speedometer…

Ric that looks great but I wish you’d post bigger pictures so we could really see it.

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

With time on my hands and having pulled center dash to put in new instruments, I decided to tackle a job that I know I should not do since everything works in the car.  But it’s too late now.  I have been cutting into the wiring harness so I can make a wiring diagram.  When this car was put together, if a item was being wired and that color ran out, another color was just spliced in.  I might have green for the hi beams, but when the wire gets to the switch, it might be brown.

Have found many extra wires and parallel ground wires.  I have eliminated duplication when possible and re-routed some wires to clean up engine compartment.  Next is moving a couple relays in engine compartment to under dash.

When I removed the GM V6 from the donor Camaro, I also removed lots of wiring and some mechanical items.  One item I have is the underhood fuse and relay panel.  So I am attempting to use this under the dash.

Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I don’t recall wiring your car.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

You have just forgotten – I thought I recognized true craftsmanship in the choice of colors.

Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

@ricrx you have a photo of the instruments you pulled out? Do they have a gold or chrome bezel?

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

Here is a picture showing the chrome bezel.

Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.