April 11, 2013 at 9:10 am #234614FredParticipant
Just got my “new” toy – red 1952 Daytona MIGI. Needs new 1/4 floor pans, and some TLC. Last driven 2004, but dry trailer housed since. Looking for a manual. Any suggestions?April 11, 2013 at 9:28 am #255409RoyalParticipant
Fred, welcome to the fun world of TD replicas. We love our cars!Please take the time to register, go to Registry on the main Forum page under General Discussion.I would highly recommend coming to the Carlisle Pa, Import and Kit car show May 17-19th if you can at all swing it. If you live in Dresher Pa, it’s almost in your back yard. You would be promised a lot of fun as well as a lot of information as well as spare parts in their huge swap/flea market of import and kit car parts. If you do decide to come, there may (or may not) be a room at the hotel that we are all staying at, but hurry.Daytona, being the first and the parent of most (if not all) the kits, shares many similarities with others, esp Fiberfab. Check the Download Manuals section of our home page.April 11, 2013 at 9:38 am #255410Mark KonradParticipant
You can try MG Magic also for a hard copy, that’s who I got mine from for my TD. Their phone no. is 1-954-680-2010 and web site is
MgMagic.intuitwebsites.comApril 11, 2013 at 10:10 am #255411Paul MossbergKeymaster
Welcome aboard Fred!Hope you don’t mind, I deleted the duplicate post.The FiberFab VW based Migi II manuals posted here should get you off to a good start. Click the Download Manuals link in the left sidebar.
Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
2005 Intermeccanica Roadster
If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)April 11, 2013 at 11:53 am #255412newkitmanParticipant
Welcome Fred. You’ve come to the right place for TD enjoyment. And I concur with Roy. If you have the remotest chance of attending Carlisle show take it! You’ll be glad you did. If the AF wasn’t sending me out west that weekend, I’d be there. Also, when you get a moment after filling out the registry, take and post a few photos of your Migi. We’d all love to see it.
VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
"If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The ShackApril 11, 2013 at 1:08 pm #255413edward ericsonParticipant
1. rebuild the brakes. get shoes, wheel cylinders, etc. Drain the brake fluid and refill with new.
2. Drain the gas tank and seal it with POR 15 or something similar. Replace all rubber fuel lines with new lines that are alcohol-resistant. Replace your fuel filter–and don’t hang it in the engine compartment. Put it just after the tank or over the transaxle.
3. Change the oil and screen. 10w 40 is fine. don’t worry about it. But if you’re a worrier get some race oil with extra zddp in the formula. But really, don’t worry.
4. get a new cap & rotor, points and condenser. see if you need spark plug wires too but don’t change them if they’re not all beat up. Check spark with the ends & if it’s good, they’re good. Miles wear them out more than time. Set your point gap.
5. clean the carb. get a new air filter.
6. start it up. Drive around the block with a big grin on your face like you’re the king of Spain.
7. resolve to get to Carlisle’s Import and Kit Car Nationals, at least on Saturday, May 18. Drive it* or tow it. If you don’t have a tow bar, get one. They’re like $50 used and they never break. You’ll spend twice that for a new one.
8. *( if absolutely necessary) Pull up the carpets and rivet or screw in some temporary floor pans so you can drive the car this summer and fix it right when it starts getting cold in the fall.
edsnova2013-04-11 13:10:15April 11, 2013 at 1:22 pm #255414RoyalParticipant
I agree with Ed on all counts except his king of Spain. Should read: Grin like you have Spain’s Princess Latizia in the passenger seat.Skip Ed’s #1,2 &3 at your own peril.April 11, 2013 at 2:08 pm #255415Johnny L. BaxterParticipant
Welcome Fred,As a USAF retired “sgt” tell us more.JohnnyBApril 11, 2013 at 2:19 pm #255416RickParticipant
Welcome Fred, you’ll love that car.April 11, 2013 at 5:10 pm #255417Steve StruchenParticipant
“Retired” fits right in here. Welcome to the group.April 11, 2013 at 7:48 pm #255418Richard ShearParticipant
Welcome to the groupApril 11, 2013 at 8:10 pm #255419billnpartsParticipant
Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
Autocross & Hillclimb
"Drive Happy"April 11, 2013 at 9:30 pm #255420KentTParticipant
Welcome! I haven’t been here long, myself. It’s a great group of very helpful folks!!!!
Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
Slowly coming back from the ashes...April 11, 2013 at 10:19 pm #255421Robert J.SmithParticipant
Welcome Fred. Great bunch of guys here and a lot of useful info.April 11, 2013 at 11:02 pm #255422DonsMGParticipant
Welcome Fred. You’ve already found there is plenty of help and good ideas available here. Hope you can make it to Carlisle.
Ford Pinto Fiberfab
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.